Beyond: Two Souls PS3

Started by mandru, June 08, 2012, 09:23:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

I've not seen a thread for this game elsewhere though I did search for it.  My apologies if I'm re-announcing old news.  The admin can fix it. ^-^

Exclusive for PS3 and widely covered at E3 this game is from the makers of Heavy Rain.  I though it looked interesting for graphics and story content.  Youtube also has some real play vids posted if someone wants to dig deeper but here's the tease that I've got:

BEYOND: Two Souls ™ E3 Trailer

The girl in this game has an other worldly presence that is always near her.  The player can selectively switch between the girl or the supernatural presence who has a whole list of skill sets outside of what a human alone could bring to bear.

Might be worth a look for you PS3 users.  :-X
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

ninzza

Yesterday I watched the gameplay on youtube, it's interesting. I thought it's just another Heavy rain which  was more of an inteactive movie than game IMO but after watching the gameplay and reading some article, I'm excited.

Some details of the game:

Cage was eager to mention the rich action sequences and the amount of control players will have over Jodie and Aiden's every move, even when it appeared they were being controlled via cutscene or pre-determined paths.

Cage explained that there are multiple paths to follow in each scenario and that the game is not linear: "This is a sandbox," he said, just before he used Aiden to possess a sniper and shoot down three SWAT officers as they stood in position around Jodie, who was injured and crouched behind a car.

Read the whole article here: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/07/beyond-two-souls-puts-the-act-back-in-action-with-ellen-pag/

23 minutes of gameplay:

Beyond: Two Souls - 23 MINUTES REAL GAMEPLAY!! - E3 2012

ninzza

Fiach

I love Quantic Dream games, so I will be getting it, check out an old game of theirs Omikron the nomad soul, or more recently Farenheit aka Indigo Prophecy.
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

mandru

I've been aware of this one for a few days and it kept nagging me that it might go Ping! on someone's radar.  I'm glad I quit procrastinating and got this posted.  :)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Jim di Griz

:) :-X ;)

Although we have Heavy Rain, I've not played it - nevertheless I was well impressed while watching it be played. This game though really looks like it will be more my kind of thing, so I'm watching out for stuff about this too.
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Tags:
🡱 🡳