New Inspiration

Started by Binnatics, June 03, 2012, 01:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

Testing my new sound system check here I (re-)discovered some great new artists. Both artists are Dutch, and imho are breaking out of the mainstream endless variety of "nice, cool, cute bands" the radio's offering the last 10 years. They are searching for new ways of expressing and aren't afraid of leaving the known paths and go experiment. In fact, they do a pretty good job, check it out for yourself:

The first one is a duo (with band) called C mon & Kypski. They produced a wonderful album called We Are Square. I bought the album over a year ago and never really listened to it much. The new audio set however shined a brighter light on the music and now I'm totally addicted. It makes you think of both Fishbone and Moloko. The following are tracks of said album:

C-Mon & Kypski - China

C-mon & Kypski - More is less

The second artist is a guy called Colin Benders. He did an amazing experiment called Kyteman's Hip Hop Orchestra, and after that project he started others which are all amazing as well. My dad gave me his latest performance called Kytecrash, which is a somewhat smaller set based on 2 trumpets. He plays trumpet himself and here he plays together with Eric Vloeimans and his band called Gatecrash:

Kytecrash North Sea Jazz 2011 - Kyteman and Vloeimans

The following song is his most known song with his "hip Hop Orchestra":

Kyteman - Sorry (Live @ Lowlands 2009)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Tags:
🡱 🡳