Seeing ghosts: Easter Eggs or just overlooked?

Started by mandru, June 02, 2012, 11:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

There are different points through the game while at Massayaf Castle where Ezio sees ghost images of Altair.

Possibly the most obvious time that this occurs is during Memory 1 - Segment 2 where Ezio has escaped execution by hanging and the ghost of Altair gives a guided tour of the path that Ezio needs to follow up the side of the castle in order to retrieve his weapons and resume the mission thread.

I came across another set of ghost images from Altair's experiences in Memory 1 - Segment 3 which I think is called "A journal of some kind".  When replaying through the DNA selections this segment starts with the killing of the guards and speaking to the civilian worker who has been set the task of cutting through the "This stone, it is harder than steel" door that is used in the final part of the game to place the keys for entry into Altair's library.  Ezio tells the worker to pack his tools and they run for the exit at the top of the stairs together.

As you come into the great entry of the castle to your right you can see the glowing upside down funnel that is a start memory trigger but we are going to ignore that for now.

1. If you go up the stairs, then to the left and on up you will see the first book case you come to is glowing to show that it is a trigger for an event.  This briefly activates a ghost scene of Altair kneeling to hold the unseen form of the freshly slain Maria.  This event is long enough that you have time to run back down stairs to view it closely.

2. Back up the stairs and to the left again this time going past the two book cases to where there is a table that has the tell tale event trigger glow.  When activated it very quickly shows Altair leaping from the table top out through the window as in when he had to make his escape from the castle after Abbas declared him a traitor and demanded he be killed so that the PoE could be taken from him.

3. Walking on around this same upper loft area there will be a stack of books glowing against the bannister rail.  This time when selected the confrontation plays out of the elder Altair (who on his return from exile has found that the order has fallen into shambles) as he enters the castle and Abbas from his position on the stair landing.

All these ghost scenes are silent and frankly would have been nothing but confusing if I'd come across them when I first played through this level.  That said it was a bit of a treat to find them now that I've been through the game a few times.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Nice find mandru - I've not seen those before, but I can envision them as I read your narrative  :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳