PZ's modding adventures

Started by PZ, May 24, 2012, 10:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I thought I'd post my modding adventures here because they sure are memorable to me  ^-^

Here's my load out:

• AR-16 - full auto mod
  • 6P9 - balanced weapon mod
  • AS-50 - modded to be silent using the 6P9 sound

I added my own twist to the modding and made all weapons available from the beginning at a cost of 1 diamond each.

I just went to Sepoko and approached from the north at a spot on a rock before you actually enter the area (evidenced by a map change).  I formerly used the dart as my special weapon, but now the silent AS-50 replaces that, and the scope is much better than the dart!  I was able to see the guy on the platform clearly, and managed to do a head shot.  I've actually never been able to see the guy so clearly before - can actually see the high velocity blood spatter even from this distance.

I had also previously changed to cost of the weapons to 1 diamond each, so I can get the weapons early in the game.  I figure that I am a competent merc that will have the funds to purchase proper weaponry  :-()

Now on to more adventures  >:D

PS: I've also visited a competent doctor and am now malaria free  :angel:

PZ

Went to the rail yard this morning and took my favorite sniper position high on the hillside.  Using the silent AS-50 I picked off the rooftop merc, which alerted the others in the area, but they did not know where the shot came from.  Next, because of the power of the AS-50, igniting the flammables was easy, and that shook quite a few more out of their hiding places, and they were also relatively easy to pick off.

Modding the weapons has significantly changed the game, and being able to change the sounds is added benefit to those that like to roam around in a more stealthy way.  >:D

mandru

I like that spot over the rail yard too.  :-X

The patching is cool, though I wouldn't dare monkey around with the game code.  I'd want to convert the 6P9 (while still silent) over so that it hits with the force of the grenade launcher.  >:D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

One thing to consider is using the patch that TheFishlord uploaded.  You only need to rename your existing patch.dat and patch.fat files to something else like patch.dat.bak and patch.fat.bak.  Then copy Fishlord's two patch files into the same location and play with the weapons as they should have been from the start.  With his mod my 6P9 now kills with a single shot to the torso.

Then any time you want to revert to the original game, all you need do is delete the modded patch files and rename your originals back to their original names and you're vanilla again.

PZ

Here's an interesting side effect.  My AS-50 is now silent so I went to Pala and couldn't resist starting trouble  >:D

I shot a merc and then retreated down the road toward the cock fight arena.  The mercs were not able to find me, and thought I was at the location where I shot the first merc.  I shot the three that were there, but the rest still did not know where to find me as long as I kept moving.  Alternately moving toward the town, shooting a few, and then retreating, I was able to keep it up as long as I wanted.

This was the most realistic experience I have ever had when attacking a town - shoot a few, run and hide so the rest did not know where I was, and repeat the process.  This is a complete departure from the old vanilla way where everyone in town knows exactly where I am no matter where I hide.

Art Blade

I wonder if the machete's swoosh sound could be used with a rifle.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I don't think so  not fond of the machete  :-()

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳