ai ignore help

Started by joshysmithy, May 21, 2012, 12:58:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshysmithy

ok im attempting to do the ai ignore code on far cry 2 by entering it in the shortcut but it has not worked as of yet and i just get shot at can someone please explian to me how to do it thankyou please as detailed as possible

Art Blade

Quote from: Art Blade on May 21, 2012, 05:03:42 AM
- Create a desktop shortcut to FC2
- rename it to "FC2 ignore player" (so you know it is a cheat version)
- insert command line parameters in the properties of respective shortcut as follows, while X is your game hard drive, probably "C" in your case.
- Check the path to FC2 so you get the correct path for your game's command line

Please pay extra attention to where the quotation marks are:

"X:games\Far Cry 2\bin\farcry2.exe" -GameProfile_IgnorePlayer 1
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

I had trouble getting this to w@&k until I realized that it was the Target line that needed to be changed in the short cut's Properties that I had success.  Maybe that would be understood automatically by most people but my tech skills are pretty low.  ::)   So here's an even simpler description (though Art's got it completely right).  When you right click and select Properties for the newly created and renamed short cut it's on the Target line that you would place the cheat enable that Art listed.

By the way, the cheat abilities can be stacked.  For example I have a short cut that allows god mode, weapons that won't wear out, unlimited ammo and AI ignore my alternate short cut to FC2 looks like this:

(I've also switched the hard drive location to "X" as Art has in his example. You will need to adjust that for your system's drive arrangement)

"X:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Far Cry 2\bin\farcry2.exe" -GameProfile_GodMode 1 -GameProfile_UnlimitedReliability 1 -GameProfile_UnlimitedAmmo 1 -GameProfile_IgnorePlayer 1

You should be able to see how each of the cheat elements are packaged into that command line keeping in mind that the spacing within the instructions being coded are essential to making this w@&k.

Good luck.  :-X
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

:) It didn't occur to me that you could possibly try to change anything else but the target line as it is the only editable line containing the .exe
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

I don't know, I'm using Vista so under the Shortcut tab in Properties (where I was finally able to get the command line cheats the w@&k in the target line) there are also editable boxes called Start In, Shortcut Key and Comment but you are right when I go back and look at it the only line that has an .exe as part of the line is the Target line.  When I was trying to set up the short cuts for the cheats I kept trying to use the Start In line.  ::)

I never claimed to be a tech whiz. :-[
- mandru

PZ

Art Blade

mandru, with what you just said I strongly believe that you may have a very good chance getting a career boost if you're going to apply for a job as security and technical consultant to the White House.

PZ

mandru

;D

I've come to understand that for me at least "User Friendly" means it won't kill me the first time I try something. :-\\

It's just that when it comes to technology if there is a way to do something wrong I have a innate talent for exploring and exhausting those avenues first.  :D
- mandru

nexor

Quote from: mandru  on May 23, 2012, 04:13:27 PM
It's just that when it comes to technology if there is a way to do something wrong I have a innate talent for exploring and exhausting those avenues first.

Sounds a lot like me, and Art can vouch for that............. :laugh:

Art Blade

the two of you (mandru and nexor) are worth an army.  :-D

nexor

You will get extremely bored If we don't keep you busy Art    >:D :angel:

Art Blade

:-() It is very enjoyable with you lot, I say  :-D :-X

mandru

- mandru

Tags:
🡱 🡳