New SP videos!

Started by ninzza, May 18, 2012, 01:41:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

Unavailable for me :-\\
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Sigh... must be a European issue again  :D

Diwas Amatya

ninzza

Just edited the post to provide the link on Youtube

Binnatics

Thanx for the link, I was able to watch it now.  :)

They're giving away so much gameplay in all these teasers, will there anything left to guess or find out when they finally release the game ????
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

mandru

FC3 is not only going to be big (wandering around wise) but also densely packed with things to do in terms of main story line, side missions and plenty to explore and engage in towards building skill statistics so that (for example) we can throw a sheath knife into an enemy's neck with precision when we need to.  Food collecting, treasure hunting, networking with the natives as well as fending off attacking wildlife...  It's gonna be grand!  ;D :-X

So I'm not worried about the teasers.

What worries me is if it will run on DirectX 10.  From what I understand there are no drivers possible to make my Nvidia GTX 295 run DX11 which is a real problem for me.  The game will need to be backwards compatible with DX10 or if I'm going to have to basically gut my computer and rebuild with a whole new motherboard, CPU and Graphics card plus the memory sticks bringing it back up to being fit and trim enough to use the game I've already paid for.  :-\\

The worst part of all this is that I've lost my tech guru whom I could bribe with my homemade stromboli for free labor on assembly and system problems.  I don't even have him available to be able to ask if the components I'm selecting for the potential rebuild will not only w@&k well together but be smart choices in the hopes of building a system for the long haul.  :(

For right now the only thing I know is that I want an Intel Ivy bridge i7 3770K 3.5 GHz for my CPU.  I think.  :-(
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Binnatics

I think I know what you think you know is the right choice. Atm Ivy bridge is the most future proof system, but that's a short term value since Intel changes its sockets almost every year ::)

Make sure you get a mobo with PCIe 3.0 support to be able to use the newest graphics hardware. And enough sata600 would be nice, so you can load it with SSD or whatever HDD you want. SSD is great, I'm totally happy with my 120gb.

I'm very happy with my MSI mobo (sandy bridge). I have good experiences with MSI. Would recommend it.

And I'm almost sure they will make dx 9 also an option. I can't imagine they only focus on ppl with the newest hardware, since they seem to want to reach a big public. If not dx 9 than at least dx 10. dx 11 is hardly working properly in released games as far as I know.

PZ

I tend to agree - rather than losing sales I believe they would let the graphics stay the same quality as other contemporary games.  In any case, I suspect that they make the bulk of their money on console sales and leave PC gamers on the back burner - for example, my latest game Sniper Elite V2 - can't even find it at any of my local stores, and Amazon only has it on the PC as a UK import.

Tags:
🡱 🡳