New forums poll: Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising

Started by spaceboy, April 19, 2009, 05:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you intend on purchasing Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising?

No
0 (0%)
Most Likely Not
0 (0%)
Unsure
2 (25%)
Most Likely Yes
1 (12.5%)
Yes (aka OhBoyOhBoyOhBoy!)
5 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

spaceboy

Despite our love for Far Cry 2, we know there are many exciting games in our futures.  Since we enjoy the interactions with our members so much, it seems prudent to create all new forums for new games as they are released.  This poll is just to get an idea of whether our members would be interested in a set of forums dedicated to a new game. You can change your vote, so feel free to mull it over  ;)

The new game is Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising.  The Off Topic thread regarding this game is here.  Below is some key information on this game gathered from members and posted on that thread.

Gamespot Preview

Other info:

PC/PS3/X360

Once players have completed the campaign, a Mission Editor enables gamers to create their own single player and multiplayer missions.

Play areas of more than 135 square miles give players a multitude of tactical decisions on how to best accomplish missions.

The world is persistent, so that buildings destroyed in one campaign mission will be destroyed in the next

OFP says, we've got a really big focus on co-op and great multiplayer, but the game is difficult. The game is going to have a difficult learning curve. So there has to be a good single-player component to allow you to develop the skills so that when you enter the multiplayer you're good at fighting.

What's it like when a 7.62mm round passes by your head? What does it sound like? What is that feeling you get in your chest? Now, if you're fundamentally bullet proof, and you can hide behind a rock and regen your health and then run out again, you're never going to get that feeling. It's a theme park effect. We went, well, there has to be lethality. The game has to be lethal. There has to be a sense of mortality. If a 50 calibre round hits your shoulder it's blowing your arm off.

[smg id=82 type=av]

[smg id=80 type=av]

[smg id=81 type=av]

[smg id=99 type=av]

[smg id=98 type=av]
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

JRD

I'm still looking for info on sytem requirements and date of release...
But will buy it for sure
OhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoy
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

DKM2

"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Art Blade

All I know about this game is very interesting, but I'll wait until it is released to see if there are any hooks attached...
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

Quote from: DKM2 on April 20, 2009, 08:53:33 AM
ebgames has it listed as Sept. 09

It's strange, you can find equal info saying Sept 09 as say 5/26...

Art Blade

remember "Duke Nukem Forever"? In a recent game mag they listed estimated release dates for upcoming games, and for DukeNukemForever they put 06/06/666  ;D

edited the date :-[ hehe
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

DKM2

Hmmm, okay, so I did a little hunting....
ebgames Sept. 1/09  and  Amazon May 26/09 can't find any other dates.

On the official site they only say summer 09 and in the forums they ban speculation on the release date.

So, I guess its out when its out!    ;)
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

JRD

Someone in the official Codemasters forums said release during TBA... don't know what it is, but I guess is some kind of game event. A convention or a fair...
Any hints?

spaceboy

stands for To Be Announced so they're not saying when at this time.

JRD

Quote from: spaceboy on April 20, 2009, 07:56:44 PM
stands for To Be Announced so they're not saying when at this time.

Hahahahahahahahahhhha :P :P hahahahahahahahahahahaha

How stupid of me :P ........... Thanks spaceboy, if it wasn't for you I would be googleing TBA for ages hahahahahah

spaceboy

JRD

Well, as I must switch my mind to english mode while posting I think you guys understand a little confusion of ideas...
IMO, FYI, TBA, AFAIK, ASAP... man, those shortenings kills me.
But after a while I get it ;)

DKM2

JRD

THX DKM2
FYI I'm ROFL. IMHO IDK how PPL can type like that..
Its a PITA to try to figure that out.
Think PPL should be AFK more often and enjoy RL.
Otherwise its SOS.
Anyway, reading this makes me ROTFLMFAO.
SYL and TC

Art Blade

JRD

Art Blade

JRD

THX art and LKTSO

(Let's Knock That S#!% Off)

Please ;)

Art Blade

Yes, I totally concur with you. Better return to good English and avoid abbreviations if possible. The good style throughout the entire forum is precious and should be maintained... it's the little details that make the big difference :)

PZ

JRD

See.. that's my point.  :)
I cant type or read using those acronyms, makes me mad  >:(
I, like Art jusr said, like the good old english well written (not so well sometimes  ???)

PZ

Just because OFP2 release date is rapidly approaching (October 6th), I thought I'd resurrect this poll - please vote if you haven't done so yet, and if you've changed your mind, you can remove your vote and vote again.

Art Blade

Remove my vote and vote again? How cool is that, LOL! :-X

Changed my mind from Most Likely to OhBoyOhBoyOhBoy-yes  :-X ;D

PZ

lol, same here - will be interesting to see how many people are planning on this one - should make for some interesting conversations  :-X

spaceboy

I'm still a most likely yes.  Timing is probably the key - Uncharted2 comes out 10/13. This is like when inFamous and FUEL came out one week apart...  Is the release date the same for all versions? 

Tags:
🡱 🡳