Now I remember why I stopped playing mutli

Started by Roaven, April 19, 2009, 04:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roaven

So, just a little while ago, I was playing uprising. My team was horrendously outmatched, with none of the players(me included) being over level 6. The other team however, had several players ranked in the teens, and a level 22. We were outmatched, outgunned, and outranked. After a little while playing the masacre, I began to start gaining kills with my PKM. The other team got mad that someone wasn't laying down and getting run over, so to speak. And banned me. I lost all the xp I made, and was furious. Any situations like this happen to you?

PZ

No, but it sounds like the MP games would not be my cup of tea - I may be a psycho merc, but I'm an honest one!

spaceboy

I've heard that complaint alot regarding FC2 online but not so much with the others I've played. 
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

I actually quit being online for like 1.5 years because I was sick and tired of all those psychotic kids that spammed forums with whinings and flamings and spoiled game servers with stuff like what you described above.

And I hated players that hung around ("camped") respawn points so they could shoot you right off the spot you entered the game ("respawn-killers").

And if you were actually good at a game, there would always be people shouting "cheater" or "bot" at you for whatever reasons they had.

So no thank you to Free For All and TeamGames. In fact, no thanks to public multiplayer at all.

What I still do at times is connect PCs over the net with a friend and play a private game. We use a regular telephone with loudspeaker and chat on the phone while kicking our backs in the game :) That is acceptable :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

DKM2

"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

PZ

Art Blade

whoa :) took me a bit to read it entirely, but it was definitely a good read  :-X

I completely forgot about those cheap noob hackers, the pwnage, lag! issues and frag stealing. Why, oh why did you bring this back!  ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

hahaha, doesn't really encourage me to try MP!   ;D

Art Blade

I think if you know the people you want to play a MP game with, it's ok. Like a LAN party. Or perhaps members of this board :) But I will deffo avoid open servers (called Free For All, FFA)

spaceboy

Oh man guys, just 'cause your first girlfriend left you for another guy you didn't swear off women did you?

I've only done a couple games online MP but I logged countless hours on Battlefield Bad Company online and it was damn fun.  No issues with cheats, lag or anything.  Just a great destructive environment with space to run, drive, fly, boat, shoot.  It's as much in my heart as FC2!

Placing a charge of C4 on a tank and taking it out including the dudes inside...Shooting a chopper out of the sky with a tank shell...lobbing a grenade through a window at a pesky sniper...running over a dude with a golf cart (yes there is a map on a golf course), blowing away whole sides of buildings with C4, grenades, RPGs, or tanks (even just driving into the side of a building with a truck.  Good times my friends.

http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

corairs

Online is that bad i injoy it a lot but i heve to shot some guy's 4 are 5 time's to kiillthe guy  :o  we need a server so that we can play Farcry2 online with ouy cheater's  :) .

PZ

Although I've never played online, I can remember first getting FC2 thinking: wow, I'll be able to play online!  Then when I read of all the cheaters, hackers, bots, etc, it reminds me of how society is in general (some people always seem to be looking for a way to cheat other people out of what they have).  That's one of the reasons that I feel that we are so fortunate to have developed a unique online "utopia" in openworldgames.org.

Spaceboy's experience and the way that he describes it is the only thing that gives me the incentive to try it once I get a decent Internet connection.

Dweller_Benthos

If you can get on a good server, it's not too bad, I had lots of fun back in the day playing Wolfenstein and BF1942. One thing BF1942 had was good Coop play, which would be really cool in FC2, team up with a friend to do missions, man, the mercs wouldn't have a chance.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

corairs

Ill tall you whar i don't llike about FC2 online they can ban you even if you heve not don in thing to be baned for i miss B1942 it's online play was much bater may be i'm just geting old .  :)

PZ

I'd love to do cooperative play rather than death match.

Art Blade

back in like 1998, we used to play Quake2 online and coop with three or four guys. It was really funny, only if someone hit the "exit" of a level, everyone else would get teleported to the next level (map) - a little annoying at times when I had a good fight going but quite helpful when I got lost in those mazes ;)

Pac!ent

Well, Iam old enough to care much about ranking and stats, but I love to play online. FC-2 gave me option to decide if I want play with people who play just for fun or with those who looking for competetion. Those two part are splited to the ranked and players matches. I play almost always player matches only, where more mature people ussually are, where you can play everyday new maps and simply - have fun.
Btw - I found as extremly craveness when high ranked players try stick together against newbies, but again - its ranked matches issue only.
You should find good server with clever administration and have some fun with  others instead of to say that multiplayer is crap ;)

Hacko

Since we have quite a few members on here, maybe we should try and get a MP game of FC2 set up on a regular basis (like weekly), and all play together on a server. I have done this with other games I have played with buddies, and it is quite fun.

I played a ton of Battlefied 2 online and had a blast. Also RTCW and BF42. I think the problem with FC2 and cheaters is there is no anti cheating software built into the game like Punkbuster. Also, MP gamers tend to be immature in nature, and do really stupid things trying to impress their teenage friends.

PZ

That's a great idea Hacko, and I believe that there are others on the site that wish the same.  Pac!ent happens to be quite familiar with MP and he has said that it is possible to have a good online experience.  His maps are excellent by the way.

Pac!ent

Thats great idea m8 ;) Can you please let me know what ping you get to our server 1# {FCCZ} Server FOR ALL (Server IP: 81.0.231.147)
? You can find it on player matches on PC platform, server is runing from Prague (central Europa). If you can get ping lower that 100 we can meet there :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳