What one game are you waiting for with bated breath?

Started by Fiach, May 09, 2012, 09:00:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiach

OK, so most of you will be getting FC3, but is there one other game yet to be released in 2012 that you can't wait to get yer grubby mitts on?

For me its Darksiders 2, the first one for me was one of the best games I have played in a VERY long time. It had a great mixture of combat, puzzles, platforming and story, with very good RPG elements, you could even fly (glide really), ride a horse and shoot the crap out of stuff from horseback.

One of the most perfect games I ever played was Zelda, the Ocarina of Time, to me Darksiders is the most recent game to replicate such a varied gameplay experience successfully. The last series of games to make me feel so giddy and excited were the Soul Reaver/Legacy of Kain games which incorporated similar elements, they were on PS1, PS2 and the old black xbox, so its been awhile.
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

PZ

If I have to limit to a single game, it would be Assassin's Creed 3.  I almost didn't start the series because of bladed weapons rather than firearms, but JRD and spaceboy convinced me to give it a go, and I've never regretted it since.

Games are a very personal thing, and often what floats one guy's boat doesn't do it for the next gamer.  It is often not something that is fully describable either; for me there is that "something special" about the environment, the freedom, music, and action that the AC series offers.

Fiach

Yes I know what you mean about different strokes for different folks :)

I wanted it to be one game as a choice as it's so easy to rattle off a list, but it needs some serious thinking if you  can only pick one :)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

I can't really think of one other than FC3, but if pressed I guess I would say Half Life Episode 3, if for no other reason than to see how things would be wrapped up. The end of Episode 2 left the story way up in the air :D

Binnatics

Quote from: Art Blade on May 09, 2012, 03:25:52 PM
FC3, yes, and GTA V...

Quote from: Fiach on May 09, 2012, 09:29:56 AM
...I wanted it to be one game as a choice as it's so easy to rattle off a list, but it needs some serious thinking if you  can only pick one :)

Art's choice would be mine, but I guess GTA V won't make it this year. So I go for Borderlands 2. I didn't play Borderlands one, which might be a good warm-up like I did with Batman AA before Batman AC came out.
Anyway, my choice for Borderlands 2 is because it's a coop campaign, which is something I'm desperately waiting for. Besides it should have all that is needed for a quality game that has 'that something'.  ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

By the time fall rolls around, the cable TV people say they might make service to my area.  If so, then I'll finally be able to do online, which might totally change my gaming strategy  >:D

Binnatics

That should be great!! Let's definitely hope so! You'll like it ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

fragger

I'm in a similar boat PZ, there's a new national broadband network currently being rolled out here with rural areas scoring high on the priority list. How long it will take to reach my neck of the woods is anyone's guess though. Hopefully it'll be before I need an oxygen mask and motorized quad to get around in... :-\\

Art Blade

let's just shift those continents back together and get connected  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: fragger on May 11, 2012, 06:50:59 AM
... Hopefully it'll be before I need an oxygen mask and motorized quad to get around in... :-\\

:laugh:

Art Blade

Jim di Griz

It good that FC3 is a given, so that leaves me Aliens: Colonial Marines.

There have been a few attempts at this in the past, though it never really sat right with most people. This time however, they are geeking out on Aliens and using that as a start point - they're all huge fans of the film.

It's going to a dark, intense and in your face faster than a hugger  :)

EDIT: Here's a link: Official site
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge

Binnatics

Interesting!

I had to look back what I had chosen, and it was a pleasant surprise ^-^ I am really enjoying Borderlands 1 atm :-X

Jim di Griz

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge

gunnerwolf

Smite.
It's a 3rd person MOBA like LoL and DotA made by HiRez studios
Openworldgames is my trash heap, but instead of trash it's filled with closed beta reviews, and instead of a heap it's just 2, on the floor, forever alone together.

Tags:
🡱 🡳