Beats

Started by Binnatics, April 24, 2012, 03:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

We've been spamming a lot of guitar music so far, but the whole electronic stuff didn't really have its place yet. I thought about starting a topic about what I should describe as House Music:

I discovered this song just today, thinking of the line "Promise Me A Rose Garden" and discovered The M Machine
The M Machine - Promise Me A Rose Garden

In Holland, the following was one of the first popular House tracks:
KLF - Last train to transcentral (1991)

Another very popular "House song"  begin nineties was this one:
SNAP! - Rhythm Is A Dancer

Songs like that were collected on albums called "Turn Up The Bass"

I remember there were lots of Turn Up The Bass albums coming out, every few months a new one, from "1" up to, maybe "20" or so. House music grew fast in popularity, and when I started to really enjoy it you had already lots of house styles: Trance, Acid, Breakbeat, Hardstyle, Mellow and Gabber (typical Dutch I guess). There were a lot more and every year brought more new styles and names.
Here's a collection of what I liked the most:

The prodigy. I love the breakbeat:
The Prodigy - No Good (Start The Dance)

Faithless. The charismatic Maxi Jazz and his ruthless beats:
Faithless - Insomnia

Grooverider. I love it when the music gives you the sensation of being in an endless factory hall full of huge machinery:
Grooverider - Where's Jack the Ripper

Moloko. They bring melody back:
Moloko - The Time is Now

Junkie XL together with Rudeboy (Urban Dance Squad) live at Pinkpop '98
JUNKIE XL - SATURDAY TEENAGE KICK - PINKPOP 1998

Here's an example of Dutch Gabber; Thunderdome. I still meet people who lost their mind back then:
dj dano - thunderdome 1996 dance or die
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

RedRaven

KLF !  nice, brings back memories  ;D
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Tags:
🡱 🡳