Your favorite environment

Started by TheStranger, April 20, 2012, 05:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favorite environment?

Savannah
2 (22.2%)
Jungle
0 (0%)
Urban areas (like Pala, Dogon village etc.)
1 (11.1%)
Rivers & lakes
4 (44.4%)
Desert
2 (22.2%)
"Industrial" areas (like Petro Sahel, Scrap Salvage, TaeMoCo Mine etc.)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

TheStranger

So my favorite environment is the savannah, followed by the deserts and industrial areas. My least favorite is the jungle although I like other games with jungle I try to avoid it in FC2 if possible. What did you choose and why?  :)

PZ

My preference is like yours, only reversing desert and savannah.  When I was young living in the mid-west, I moved to southern California.  On that road trip during the night I passed through the Saguaro desert just as the sun was rising - it made an impact that has never left.  I love the desert both real, and in game.

Art Blade

I often found myself resting in a lake or river just so the carried gun would disappear under the surface and I'd just sit there watching the reflection of the sun play on the wavelets, listening to the animals (particularly birds and crickets) and the sound of the water. Very relaxing :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

TheStranger

Quote from: PZ on April 20, 2012, 05:35:20 PM
My preference is like yours, only reversing desert and savannah.  When I was young living in the mid-west, I moved to southern California.  On that road trip during the night I passed through the Saguaro desert just as the sun was rising - it made an impact that has never left.  I love the desert both real, and in game.

It was very hard to choose for me between the desert and savannah, because I actually love both enviroments, though I never was in a real desert or savannah (yet). And as much as I like the sand I also like the grass and trees. Hmm now it makes it even harder - so you can say they are both my favorites :) . Since I watched Star Wars and saw pictures of the pyramids in Egypt I am fascinated of deserts.  :) I thought about to give two voting options but then it would be too biased maybe. If I would vote today I would vote for deserts. I choose the savannah because it unites most of the environments in FC2.

Art Blade

I like all environments. I had to choose, however. :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

For me, the choice was easy. First, (before looking at the options) I thought.... oww, I like the desert sand. But I like the jungle plants. And I definitely like the hills in savannah fields.
I remember all these "themes" from the creator. But you also made the option "Rivers and Lakes" which definitely makes it for me. I'm a river man. I was born on the river side (not literally but close to it anyway) and water gives a vibe to whatever countryside. I don't like cities who don't have at least a river or a seaside. I've been in Milan e.g. and that was totally not my thing.
Nature gives away its most pure thing close to water.

And so I don't have to choose between the basic landscapes available in FC2. :-() Well, desert is not really logical as being close to a river, but I remember I've created nice beaches with its sand when in the editor  :angel:
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

nexor

Seeing that the tipical african bush is not on the list I'd go for the Savannas

ninzza

My favorite is not on the poll. I like environments that has mountain and river/lake best, especially those has snipe spot like the Pipeline, Yabek's barge, Shwasana ... then jungles, savannah, desert. I dislike urban and industrial settings.  :)

fragger

My favourite environment depends on whether we're referring to aesthetics or gameplay.

If we're talking about looks, I went for rivers & lakes, very closely followed by desert, but for quite different reasons. I love the water areas in FC2 most of all, purely for their scenic potential. There have been times when I've just plonked down next to a pretty bit of waterscape while taking a break from all the mayhem and simply gotten into the environment. Once I sat lakeside in Bowa while having a real-world beer and watched the sun setting behind the islands - the game is amazing with it's changing, dynamic lighting and atmospherics. That was the first time I realised that the sun in the game is continually moving across the sky, not just changing positions between your glances at it.

Desert areas were a close second, with savannas an even closer third, especially during sunny daytime conditions - you can almost feel the heat in them. Maybe they feel closest to home for me, living as I do in a country containing about 1.3 million square kilometres of desert and almost another million of savanna - even though I don't live anywhere near either :-()

My least favourite areas for aesthetics are the cruddy-looking towns and industrial places. They're very realistically created and are terrific pieces of play area design, but pretty and scenic they ain't. However they are among my favourite playing areas as they can make for some quite exciting gameplay. Running around the mini-labyrinth of the Scrapyard or the rabbit-warren of Mokuba, not knowing who you're going to run into or when, can really get the adrenalin pumping 8)

nexor

While we on this subject, what about your favourite savehouse, for scenery, sunrise/sunset, that tipe of thing?

PZ

The first safe house that comes to mind is the one high on the hill overlooking the lake near the southeast bus stop.

Binnatics

I have been thinking of safehouses in terms of most favourite before, and my first choice was the one west of Mokuba. Just after entering the mid-southern cluster. But after exploring Bowa I found another, better one: It's the one on the north west of Mosate Selao, in the central cluster.
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

I don't particularly like any of those safehouses, but there is one located on a river with a boat next to it, I think it is not far from the place that gets "agent-oranged"  :-D

Tags:
🡱 🡳