Space / Stoner / Psyche / World / Folk Rock/Metal and other weird stuff

Started by Dweller_Benthos, April 20, 2012, 08:52:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

Monkey 3, post-rock or psychedelic I guess. From Switzerland, one of my current favorites

Monkey3 - Xub

Dalriada - Folk/Doom Metal from Hungary. I have no idea what they are singing about, but love this band anyway.

Hazatérés (Homecoming)

Dalriada: Hazatérés

Téli Ének (Winter Song or Song of Winter)

Dalriada - Téli ének

Red Sparowes, from LA I believe, post rock I guess. No vocals.

Red Sparowes - Buildings Began to Stretch Wide Across the Sky, and the Air Filled With a Redish Glow.

Russian Circles, more of a post-metal vibe I guess.

Russian Circles - Youngblood

Korai Öröm - Another Hungarian band, almost impossible to pigeon hole these guys. World/Folk Weirdness? Usually no vocals, and when there are vocals, not usually in English.

Their first 8 or so albums had no titles, just the year they were released, and no song titles, so this is just 2005/8 (2005 album, track 8 ) - check out the throat singing.

Korai Öröm(2005) - Song8

2000/4 - almost 15 minutes of ...... lost my train of thought

Korai Öröm - 2000/4

Back to post-rock, from Germany, My Sleeping Karma, no vocals

My Sleeping Karma - Satya

My Sleeping Karma - Tamas

Some good old fashioned rock-n-roll, Hypnos 69. Timeline Traveler, the first album is pretty awesome, after that, the later albums mellowed out and added a lot of sax at the expense of the guitars.

Hypnos 69 - Timeline Traveller

Papir - another jam-post-whatever rock band. I think this is improvised over a weekend.

Papir-Saturday

OK, now we're getting into the space section, and nothing better to start off with than

Oresund Space Collective

Oresund Space Collective - Good Planets Are hard To Find

and the granddaddies of space, Ozric Tentacles

Ozric Tentacles - Jurassic Shift - Live Somerset 2007

Ozric tentacles - sunscape Live Glasgow 19/10/10 @ ABC

Ozric Tentacles - Sploosh!

Ozric Tentacles -The Throbbe

If I think of more, I'll dig something up.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Fiach

WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Binnatics

Good topic!  :-X

I have one good contribution for now... will definitely find more but this is a very special one.
John Frusciante, for those who don't know, is the guitarist of Red Hot Chili Peppers (at least until somewhere in the nineties before "One Hot Minute" came out)
The story that I've heard is that he left the band in the nineties because of the enormous success of the band. After that, he went solo and I think he went down fast and had drug issues. I have heard people tell that he somehow made a journey inside, and also made it back. He re-joined the Peppers whit the album "Californication", which is imho one of the best albums ever made. Sometimes I have the feeling that the joy of reunited friends breathes through the music.

The following song is one of the most intense recordings I know of from the period that Frusciante 'went inside':

John Frusciante - With no one
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Binnatics

i love the song Sploosh! It reminds me of this song:

Future Sound Of London My Kingdom

Although not with its roots in Rock music, FSOL does a nice spacy job :)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Fiach

Flea is arguably the best bassist ever, Ever see this movie, flea is in it (not in this clip), he was a friend of the two guys in the clip and he gets murdered, the movie is about them getting revenge, really cool movie, try and watch it if you can :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092933/

Dudes - Rock n Roll Outlaw Scene
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Tags:
🡱 🡳