Dishonored debut trailer

Started by ninzza, April 17, 2012, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ninzza

ninzza

Dishonored First Look

Sounds interesting. a blend of stealth, shooting, action with supernatual powers. It allows us to complete each mission in our way. I think I have another game to look forward to this year. :)

http://www.gamespot.com/dishonored/previews/dishonored-first-look-preview-meeting-a-supernatural-assassin-6327736/

PZ

Looks interesting - do you know if this open world?  The article did not specify, but almost suggested that you have choices on how to proceed with missions.

ninzza

I think it's semi-open world.

When asked on the official forum whether Dishonored would be a true open world game, Bethesda answered the following: "There's plenty to explore in each level, it just cannot be mistaken for an open world game." The devs, Akane Studio dubbed its approach "a the sandbox of assassinations".

http://beefjack.com/news/bethesda-dishonored-cannot-be-mistaken-for-an-open-world-game/

PZ

The graphics look pretty darned good...  ;)

ninzza

Jim di Griz

No real news in this review - it is however positive which from these people is generally good.

PlayStation Lifestyle
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Jim di Griz

A dev diary is now out for this, revealling a bit more about the ethos and options to the game.

It does sound a lot more open world - though as previously stated by nizza, it is more likey open levels with your own choices determinining he method of approach.

Dishonored Developer Documentary Part 1 - Inception

Steam punk a go-go  :)
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

Has anyone else played this yet?

I've been dicking around with it for a couple of hours, I think anyone that likes AC will like it.

You can play stealthy (low chaos) or combat (high chaos), but they give two different endings and different enemy challenges on the a level, that depends on your chaos score in the previous level.

I like the art w@&k, it has a kind of victorian look, similar to Alice TMR.

The powers are pretty neat as well and you can use sets that compliment your playstyle.

Here's a review with more info :

http://www.destructoid.com/review-dishonored-236085.phtml&category=xbox360
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

PZ

Looks interesting; everyone in the images appear to be very angry even the guy being decapitated  :-()

Fiach

I played a couple of hours of this last night, I have mixed feelings about it, I'm trying where possible, NOT to kill people, but while I could use sleeping darts, I find some places you just cannot get past without fighting or using a sleeping dart, which makes it frustrating trying to achieve ghost status.

Anyway, I put it on at midnight to kill an hour, next time I looked it was 2.30am and I was still on the same mission, that doesnt mean that it was a long mission, its just the amount of reloading to get a ghost status (I didnt btw).

You have a "heart" that give you hints on where upgrades are (the tell tale heart maybe?), these "runes" or Bone Charms, let you buy skills (runes) or add a perk (bone charm) like move faster in stealth.

Some interesting skills, I have only two so far, one is Blink, which you get free, it teleports you a short distance immediately, I tend to just use it for jumps so far. The other is that you can possess a mouse and use their body to travel through mouseholes or past vigilant guards, that cost 3 runes, I think it was quite expensive for a beginner skill as I have only bothered to use it a couple of times, neither being paramount to achieveing something I couldnt have done a different way.

The maps are small enough, I suppose with a few different approaches, it gives choice, but they are small enough to be annoying if you are spotted, cos then you are kinda screwed as the fecking guards will hound you. This can be annoying as you often times cannot see the guards patrol directions and the fuckers randomly say s#!t like "HUH! WHATS THAT!" even though they havent seen anything, but you think you have been spotted. Its a bit shoddy I think having something like that in a AAA game.

GFX are a bit meh, I think its art design is the only thing that makes the gfx more acceptable.

Combat is easy enough, you are armed with either a bow or pistol/sword or a spell and a sword, you can also lay traps within the environment, with grenade like things or rewire enemy traps.

Its pretty good in all fairness, I dont think it deserves the 9's its been getting though.

Fiach : Reloading games, so you dont have to.

JRD

I have this game on my radar for a while now.

You said anyone who like AC should like this one but to me it feels a bit more like a supernatural Agent 47 from the Hitman series: Small maps you play one at a time and different ways to assassinate/infiltrate. Plus you can go guns blazing and kill everybody on sight or try and go unnoticed.

I'm a bit uncertain about graphics. In that video you posted the game looks good but I also saw some videos where the graphics were quite poor, I mean, lacking details and textures. Light was a bit dull... yeah, the Victorian looks seems fine (the game was inspired in Victorian London anyway but everything was a bit lifeless........  :-\\

The ability to combe powers is what draws my attention... a fresh breath to an assassins game for sure. I'll keep that game on my radar though!!!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Fiach

Well, its kinda like AC in the way you can try different routes and also there is a modicum of choice, eg. You need to kill an Overseer, he intends to poison someone, so, you could switch glasses (poison the Overseer, save the victim), Empty the glasses (save vic then stab the overseer) or just kill them both.

Theres no parkour as such, but you can climb high and use a rooftop route sometimes.

As regards combat you have ranged with a little crossbow strapped toy your left hand (or use a spell) or melee, use your sword.

The gfx are just bland, they may look "crisp" in a video, but in game they are boring, but what saves them is the design, its different so it's refreshing, its hard to describe as they are bland and interesting at the same time, but for different reasons, they would not stand up to any other game that has great gfx is the best way I can describe it. On saying that, I am comparing it with other 360 games, with the PC version, it could be significantly different. :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳