strange explosions

Started by Art Blade, April 19, 2009, 09:09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Sometimes when I drive around I hear explosions that are not exactly nearby but still close enough to hear them. Today I heard an explosion that seemed to come from behind a huge rock formation, but on my map was nothing special (no town, no shacks, no guard posts...) Have you heard explosions too?

I did notice that if you aim your own grenades at say 45° so they go really far, you don't always hear them explode. If you then drive in the same direction, you will sometimes hear them (huge lag then). That is not what I am asking, but if you didn't launch any grenades and still hear explosions... strange :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

just in addition, by "own grenades" I don't mean handgrenades (they don't go that far). And no, no IEDs either :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

When I send a grenade with a GL (any) too far what I get is a muffled sound of an explosion, which I think is really cool!!
I once realized that I sometimes go through a merc and don't stop to finish him but they get upset with your presence (sometimes you run into one in the middle of nowhere). They then try to send you a grenade, which obvously don't land near you as you are sprinting or driving. What you get is he same muffled sound.
Maybe that's what you are hearing Art...
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

good point... hehe, I've seen some of those "stray mercs" from some guard posts

I remember when I first got to the south, I was used to a comparatively peaceful environment. In the north I used to shoot at vehicles, kill the crew and be done with it. In the south, the first couple of cars were bloody hostile, and after killing the two-men-crew, always at least one more merc would show up. I then assumed they all had like a guard running behind them :) Obviously, I had attracted whoever was nearby.

JRD

Just yesterday I was clearing the safehouse near the pipeline. The one with a cell tower nearby. I shot them and attracted no less than two patrolling jeeps and the entire garrison at the Pipeline.
Man, it was supposed to be just a two shots clean up but ended up in a devastated scenario with burning cars, trees and dead bodies all over!!!
What a funny moment ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

Excellent! LOL! And all that before you could go to bed, in that safehouse. I know this safehouse too, always the same nerving truck.

What is it with those safehouses, whenever I enter one, shortly after I hear footsteps outside or a car driving by. As if they had only waited for me to get in so they could run around :)

spaceboy

I always thought that was a horrible location for a safehouse.  And yeah Art, I too often hear driving sounds when I go in one.  Get off my lawn!
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Tags:
🡱 🡳