Pink Floyd

Started by PZ, April 08, 2012, 08:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

Well, sort of, now this is Pink Floyd

Echoes

Echoes - Part II - Pink FLoyd

Pink Floyd live in Saint Tropez,1970 - part 1

Anyone who speaks French, translate what the heck that guy is saying?
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Fiach

Stopped listening to PF after Roger Waters left. If you are a fan, I suggest you check out Roger Waters solo albums.
Preferably in this order, not for quality reasons, they are all great, but because they are "concept" albums, containing a main theme that runs through them. Pros is about somebody dreaming through the night. Radio kaos is ostensibly about the british miners strike back in the 80's, but moving to a more international stage. Amused is very anti war.

One thing of particular note is the guitar playing, its as good if not better than anything Gilmore ever did. Eric Clapton on Pros and Andy Fairweather-Low on the others iirc.

The pros and cons of hitch-hiking (excerpt)

Roger Waters - 5.01 Am (The Pros And Cons Of Hitchhiking)

The pros and cons of hitch-hiking (this link is to the whole album 42 mins long)

Roger Waters - The Pros & Cons of Hitch Hiking (HQ) Full Album

Radio Kaos (excerpts)

Roger Waters - Radio KAOS - Radio Waves
Roger Waters - The Powers That Be
Roger Waters - Who Needs Information

Amused to Death (excerpt)

what god wants part 1

Amused to Death full album 72 min :

Roger Waters Amused To Death Full cd

WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Dweller_Benthos

IMO Radio KAOS is his best, Pros & Cons was OK, and Amused to Death should be called Bored to Death if you ask me. Not being much of an opera fan, Ça Ira wasn't my speed.

Now he's just playing rehashed Floyd stuff on tour all the time.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Fiach

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on April 11, 2012, 08:37:47 AM
IMO Radio KAOS is his best, Pros & Cons was OK, and Amused to Death should be called Bored to Death if you ask me. Not being much of an opera fan, Ça Ira wasn't my speed.

Now he's just playing rehashed Floyd stuff on tour all the time.

Yeah the first time I heard AtD I didnt like it, but after a few listens, I really like it now.

Well, seeing as he wrote most of their stuff, I guess that he's entitled to rehash the crap out of it :)

Pros was offered to PF at the same time as The Wall, the decided by tossing a coin....*shrugs*.

Have you see The Wall live gig on the Berlin Wall, its pretty awesome!
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

DKM2

Something a little older.
Saucerful of Secrets from the Live at Pompeii video.

I had bought this DVD some time ago, well worth it imo, gives some insight into their studio w@&k.

A Saucerful of Secrets - Live at Pompeii - Pink Floyd

I wonder how they get away with posting copyrighted stuff, I guess PF just doesn't complain about it.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Binnatics

I don't know Pink Floyd too well, but enough to know that I like it. :)

I remember when a friend of mine introduced me to 'the famous b-side' of, I think, The Dark Side of the Moon. We were already pretty far gone through the greenery and I remember listening for hours to the LP. Then he woke me up and told me I was asleep for quite a while already. I asked him about the music and he told me it had stopped 30 minutes ago. I could swear it stopped the moment I woke up ??? 8-X

This is no Pink Floyd, but I guess this group walked the same path, enjoy:

Future Sound Of London My Kingdom

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Tags:
🡱 🡳