Irish Music

Started by Fiach, April 06, 2012, 12:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

I was listening to the following song performed by the Boss today at Pinkpop (big festival in Holland) and it reminded me of this topic. It appears to me that the Boss got some inspiration by the Irish musicians ;)

Bruce Springsteen - Death To My Hometown
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Fiach

I wouldnt be his biggest fan tbh, stopped listening to him after Born in the USA. Cool song though :)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Binnatics

I do like Bruce Springsteen a lot. My parents have lots of records and I got both Human Touch and Lucky town on cassette. Didn't know his more recent w@&k though. I like it as well ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Binnatics

Fiach

Cheers Binn mate! I fecking love that band, never heard that song before though :)  :-X

Dropkick Murphys - I'm Shipping Up To Boston (At Fenway Park 2010)

Binnatics

Their new album, released januari this year. Called "Signed and sealed in Blood" ^-^

Fiach

Quote from: Binnatics on March 09, 2013, 04:21:08 PM
Their new album, released januari this year. Called "Signed and sealed in Blood" ^-^

Coolness! Will have to get that, cheers Binn! :)

Fiach

Rory Gallagher - Bullfrog Blues

Yeah , OK its not a strat, looks like a gibson, probably a les paul Junior or something, I like this video because it shows how accessible this guitar god was to his fans...

What? ... OK you want fecking strat :)... jebus! there's no pleasing some people. >.<

Alternate version...with a fecking strat  (OK its a tele...but still a Fender)...anyone remember The Old Grey Whistle Test?

Rory Gallagher - Bullfrog Blues

OK, you really want a fecking strat...I get it sheeshhhh!!!

Rory Gallagher - Moonchild

Bullfrog Blues best version on Live in Europe

Moonchild best version on Calling Card.

Probably his 2 best albums....ok yeah he had other albums, eg Against the Grain...

Souped Up Ford - Rory Gallagher

PZ

Binnatics

Wow, great performances :-X :)

I like that souped up Ford song ;D

Jim di Griz

Quote from: Fiach on April 06, 2012, 12:34:20 PM
Horslips a great Celtic Rock band from the 70's....
I bough their Book of Invasions album in the late 70s - electro folk was the tag at the time but it was more elctro-trad. I liked 'em because they were singing songs about the old gods and heroes.

Having lived in Galway for eight years, I used to drink in the Rosín Dubh most days, so got to hear a lot of decent trad music in the front bar and a lot of talent of the younger stripe in the back bar. Gerry the manager hated trad and used to play Duelling Banjos before the session on Saturday  :) Of course the bar has completely changed now and doesn't cater for the trad music market anymore - there are quite a few other bars within a two minute walk that still do, and the best is run by that same manager, Gerry  ^-^

I also like bands who mix their styles, such as The Levellers who use a lot of trad-Irish mixed in with trad-folk. Another band I like is Show of Hands, though many folks think it's an Irish-trad song, but isn't  ;) though it has been covered a lot: Galway Farmer

Galway Farmer - Show of Hands
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge

Fiach

Awesome song Jim, I would love to hear Luke Kelly give that a shot!

Jim di Griz

Is that the same Luke Kelly who busks in Galway? If so, he is from after I left but the Youtube vids sound like he could handle it.

Just had The Book of Invasions bought for me again  :) listening to it now  :-X Happy St Patricks by the way - don't do anything too mad now...
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge

Fiach

Quote from: Jim di Griz on March 17, 2013, 02:37:15 AM
Is that the same Luke Kelly who busks in Galway? If so, he is from after I left but the Youtube vids sound like he could handle it.

Just had The Book of Invasions bought for me again  :) listening to it now  :-X Happy St Patricks by the way - don't do anything too mad now...

Unless he was busking during a seance, I highly doubt it mate  >:D

Luke Kelly Raglan Road

Binnatics

Jim di Griz

Quote from: Fiach on March 17, 2013, 10:13:07 AM
Unless he was busking during a seance, I highly doubt it mate  >:D
Ah, now this was a young fella - I had the wrong one then  ^-^

Binnatics

mandru

Hmm...  ^-^

I liked that one.  :-X
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Fiach

Very sweet song, cheers mate, never heard of that band :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳