Soundmodding?

Started by TheStranger, March 30, 2012, 02:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheStranger

I know I'm asking maybe too much and I'm very glad with the progress The Fishlord made, but it would be just great if it would be possible to mod the sound - especially the weapon sound. There are some weaponsounds with which I'm not so satisfied like the G3KA4 which sounds more like an airsoft rifle or the M249 which is also to soft in my opinion.

If remember correctly someone (Fishlord?) said that it was complicated to mod the sound because of the Hashtags or Hexasystem of the soundstrings in the files.

Well I have not really much helpful to say and I hope this thread will be of use in the (not so far :)) future.

PZ

Quote from: alfie3007 on May 24, 2012, 09:29:28 PM
PD..My native language is Spanish ... I do not write English.

No worries alfie3007 - this is an international forum and we don't care if you write English well or not; in fact, we appreciate friends from all over the world  ;)

PZ

I just tried your instructions, and they w@&k great - I've never heard a weapon sound like this one in the game before.  The weapon has a good amount of recoil, and sounds really good.

Kudos again!  :-X

PZ

I now have a silent AS-50 - used the dart sound  >:D

EDIT: I actually changed the sound to the silent Makarov yet kept the damage of the AS-50.  Now when I shoot a vehicle, I get white smoke in a single shot to the engine, and black smoke by the third shot.  Under certain circumstances, I can even see the vehicle move a bit due to bullet impact.

This is a great modification to the game - now I have my AR-16 as primary, the silent Makarov, and a silenced AS-50  :-X

I added this to the Knowledge base too (under alfie's name to give him credit) - find it here.

PZ

Here are a few sound numbers:

3078303034424635454100 - dart

3078303034353643344200 - flare gun

3078303034424635433800 - silent makarov

Art Blade

if I find time for FC2 again I will try it out. Appears to be something I'd really want to try, then. :)

Oh and alfie.. te agradecemos mucho lo que hiciste y que nos enseñaste como cambiar esas cosas para lograr unas armas más interesantes. Bien hecho, chaval :)  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nexor

Now Art don't you go starting with that also, Isn't it enough that I chased away our Russian friend with my Russian? we can't let alfie slip through our fingers.......      :-D  >:D :angel:

nexor

Thanks alfie, that is exactly what we were looking for, to silence the AS50   :-X :-X

Art Blade

The difference is, I didn't use a web translator  ^-^
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nexor

nexor

My silencing the AS50 mod isn't working, I changed the code in both the 21_Weapons and 41_Weapons,
I used 3078303034424635433800 the silent makarov code   :D

nexor

Ah ok, I missed part of the instruction :D will try it out thanks alfie,

Quote from: alfie3007 on May 28, 2012, 07:11:31 PM
(Sólo Es Broma ok)
:laugh:   Cordiales a ti también............   :-D

Art Blade

hehe, no, I do speak the language :) No necesito google, de verdad hablo castellano pero no tan bien como inglés  :)

nexor

Quote from: alfie3007 on May 28, 2012, 07:11:31 PM
Nexor ... You must first rename the file 41_WeaponProperties.xml as 21_WeaponProperties.xml   and then copy it to  mymod\patch
and replace the original 21_WeaponProperties.xml file.( And then you change the codes)
If this note does not help, let me know and I will make something more clear

41_WeaponProperties.xml is located in more than one place....modding/libraries/world 1 and world 2 and also in modding/mymod/patch
Do I remove file 41_WeaponProperties.xml and rename as 21_WeaponProperties.xml ?
Which one do I remove ?

nexor

I did that but then getting build_patch.bat error, cannot build new patch......... ???  :D

PZ

Here's an interesting twist - I had both 41_ and 21_  files in my patch folder, and all I did was to change the parameters in the 41_ file yet the modifications still worked.  ????

PZ

Although I did not remember doing so, evidently I did because the 41_ line is in patch.xml.  That would explain it  ^-^

nexor

first off I made the changes in all three 41_Weapons files not knowing which one alfie meant, when that didn't w@&k I reversed all the changes then deleted 21_Weapons and renamed 41_ to 21_  then changed the code as alfie suggested, only my build_patch gave an error when trying to create new patches

Update, I just did what you did PZ, just changed the code in 41_ Weapons and it works

nexor

Quote from: alfie3007 on May 31, 2012, 11:19:58 AM

Please, tell me PZ, you added the line 41_Weapon Properties.xml  to modding\MyMod\ patch.xml ?

I'm sure PZ has the line 41_Weapon Properties.xml  added to modding\MyMod\ patch.xml, that was one of the first things we had to do when we started the modding

PZ

Glad you got it sorted nexor - another entry I changed to ensure the weapon was actually perceived as silent:
            <value name="bIsSilent" type="Bool">True</value>

I also changed the weapon degradation:

<value name="bIsIndestructible" type="Bool">True</value>
            <value name="bIsBreakable" type="Bool">False</value>

I'm not positive the above has made any difference because I have not been in the game enough yet, but soon...  >:D

PZ

Quote from: alfie3007 on June 01, 2012, 09:13:28 AM
Good one PZ ... :-X
I also changed this Value :  <value name="bEmitLight" type="Bool">False</value>

Thanks alfie   ^-^

I also changed the bEmitLight  parameter but have not yet noticed a difference, have you?

PZ

Excellent!  I missed that one - will check it out too   :-X

PZ

Well, I changed the value to false and it did not appear to change anything, but I need to go to a new area to test it more thoroughly.  ;)

PZ

UPDATE: I've had more success with the silent AS50.  I was in Sefapane heading west, and decided to climb a hill so I could scope the guard post south of the northwest armory.  I shot a couple of mercs, and the guy patrolling in the Jeep did not hear my activity  >:D

The bottom line is that I think the silent version of the AS50 is as silent as any of the other silent weapons, but the immense power is still there.  It is childs play to ignite any of the flammables with a single shot, and it is a new experience to wait until mercs are within explosive range while their friends still do not know where I am.

Another interesting feature - 3 AS50 rounds to an assault truck will cause black smoke, so I shot the engine of the roving patrol 3 times in quick succession and the mercs abandoned their vehicle - now they had to run across open ground to get to me.  Unfortunately they did not meet their goal.

For fun I decided to see if I could snipe the two mercs sitting by their assault truck in the area between the bus stop and the armory.

[smg id=4411 align=center width=180][smg id=4412 align=center width=180][smg id=4413 align=center width=180][smg id=4414 align=center width=180]
Green arrow marks the spot where I was standing looking toward the two mercsI could barely see the truck by the naked eye, the distance was so far.Even using the scope on the AS50, the marks were quite small.  I shot the merc near the cross hairBecause the AS50 is silent, the second merc did not know where to look for me, but I shot his vehicle 3 times anyway.

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳