Gadgets

Started by nexor, March 28, 2012, 06:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nexor

Mostly to you guys in US, any of you heard of a gadget called "Magic Jack"? you plug the one end into a USB port on your pc and plug a phone line in the other end and you can phone anywhere in the world at a reduced rate, obviously you need to have broad band. My brother in Canada sent me one almost two years ago, it's cheaper to use when I phone anyone further than 50km radius from my house, because my brother has one also, we phone each other at "no" cost.  Oh and this isn't an advert ok...... :-D

mandru

Magic Jack has had a lot of advertising on TV and in magazines here in the US.  Enough so that it is at least familiar to most of us.  :-X

So it works pretty good huh?
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

nexor

yep, it works fine, my phone number is registered in Anaheim California, I picked Anaheim because the prefix is close to my home phone prefix, and the funny thing also, our area code is 011, the same code for dailing out from the US

mandru

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

RedRaven

Had not heard of this little techno-marvel. Shame it is only for the U.S.A. and Canada  :-[
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

nexor

What my brother said is that the manufacturers don't deliver outside of US and Canada, his wife came over to SA so she brought one for me. Maybe one can buy it online and find a courier company or someone to ship it to wherever you are.

Abletile

There is a company 'Sipgate' (UK,US and Germany) that also uses voip and sells the hardware. I've been recommending them for years. 5* service and very cheap rates. :)
Jokes about ducks are not all they're quacked up to be. ;-)

Tags:
🡱 🡳