Box art

Started by ninzza, March 20, 2012, 01:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ninzza

Which one do you prefer ? I dislike both but the second one is better.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b185/pauluspinkydude/farcry3boxart.png

PZ

Of the two I like the one on the right.  The guy hanging over the cliff on the left looks too much like Drake in Uncharted.  :-()

ninzza

:laugh: :-X
I didn't pay attention to that guy until I read your commnent. Maybe he's Drake's brother or cousin ;D

PZ

fragger

I agree ninnza, I don't like either of them but if I had to choose I'd pick the second one.

Binnatics

I like both pictures as being very beautiful artistic images, but for a cover I wouldn't choose either of them. If I had to choose it would be the right indeed, I like the head in the sand, heheh.
For a cover art I would choose a more serene image, with the knife as the only proof of violence and for the rest nature's beauty.

You all know this picture I guess:

[smg id=4122]

That would be the perfect cover for me. I think it's going to be that one anyway ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

mandru

The second picture doesn't appeal to me at all.  Vas sitting there guarding my buried helpless character waiting for the tide to come come in says "Why bother?  You're pretty much F#@&ed no matter how you fight it."

The first picture has entirely too much white empty space as if there's not enough game content to be worth full spread of cover art.  The conflict between the two figures is more balanced than it is in the second picture but I would have preferred to have the character I'm going to be playing portrayed as having that aimlessly waving handgun pressed firmly against Vas' forehead or maybe jammed up tight under his chin centered on the bulk of his brain pan so that there's the status quo of assured mutual destruction.

From what I've been able to parse out of Vas' personality from the video clips we've seen so far I really think that Vas would prefer that also.  ;)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

ninzza

Binns, that screenshot would be a better box art compared to those two but I like to see Jason on the cover.  :)

Binnatics

Okay, I'm with you; imagine a yacht. Abandoned on a pearl beach. What you see of it is the wooden top deck. These tiny wooden panels, carefully varnished, though wasted a bit due to the salt and sand. And you see the railing of course. Shattered around the top deck you see a bunch of polaroid pictures and a comb that misses a tooth. After looking at the pictures your view gets lured away from that shipdeck, and looks over the beach. You see his footsteps in the sand, as he enters the bush. Then, at last, you see the knife. It lays in the sand, and a small, cute little wave just washes off a bit of blood. 

The boat, Jason and the knife are forming a triangle. Jason, as the top of the triangle, is just right of the cover centre. Above him, above the jungle, you see the pale blue sky, with some minor movement in it. The text; "Far Cry 3" might be in the air.
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Tags:
🡱 🡳