Using the 6P9 to start fires...

Started by PZ, April 18, 2009, 11:19:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

You guys have probably already done something like this, but it is my first: sneaking into a GP at night, I intended to head shot as many of the mercs as I could before going loud and finishing them off.  However, I saw a propane tank by the side of a grass hut. and shot at it with the 6P9 - no one alerted - shot two more times and the thing exploded sending fires everywhere - choruses of "ahhh....haaasss" later, there was only chaos at the GP.  A few of them faced the fires and backed my way - two whispers of the 6P9 and they both fell dead.  It was fun to ignite the flammables with the silent weapon - the mercs had no idea I was even there.

Art Blade

nice one :) you can do that even with a dart, takes a couple of hits though to get through.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Sometimes I sneak in and plant some IED's somewhere around flamable stuff and move away to start shooting with the dart rifle.
When they realize they're under attack... everything just blows away...
They never expect a thing like that :D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

I wonder if you kill all the guys in a GP, then plant IEDs, then go away to allow the GP to respawn - will the IEDs still be there to detonate?  If no one knows, I think that I'll try it.

JRD

Try it and let us know.
But I think that the distance you should go to allow mercs to respawn should be the same distance that makes IEDs dissapear...

Art Blade

not necessarily... ever set a place on fire, kill everyone and walk away? I once returned for no reason (wasn't far away though) and the mercs as well as the stuff of the post had respawned, but the grass was still burned. Hmm... Go PZ go go go :) Let's see what you discover :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Interesting update:

I went to the armory in northwest Bowa and picked up a set of IEDs.  I then went to the GP just south of there, cleaned it our and then planted about 8 of them in various areas.  I then traveled north to the intersection to the bus stop to allow the area to respawn.  Returned and climbed the hillside to a nice sniper vantage and guess what: the mercs had respawned and my detonator was still in hand!

I clicked the detonator button and about half of the IEDs exploded - not sure why...

Another interesting thing is that the Datsun that was smoking by the armory (where I left it) was still there, and had not spawned away (thanks Art for that tip - invaluable...) but the mercs at the GP had returned.

I'm not sure as to consistency though - it seemed to w@&k in some cases and not in others - probably due to how re-spawning occurs.  One thing I think would be extremely funny would be to plant IEDs on the trucks, move to a nigh position and let the mercs enter their vehicles.  Then detonate while they are speeding your way...  gonna try this one for a laugh soon...

What a bunch of suckers those mercs are... they fall for it every single time...

Art Blade

thanks for sharing. Very interesting indeed :)

as for "about half of the IEDs exploded" - I think the game can handle only so many at once. I remember having planted an entire set of IEDs too, I think in Port Selao, and while still in town, I blew them. To my surprise only a couple of those went off.

Ricamundo

Good tip about the 6P9 and the propane tanks. I only tried using a dart once and it didnt w@&k, so i haven't tried it since, especially since the dart gun has a pretty small magazine.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

JRD

Quote from: PZ on April 19, 2009, 12:56:53 PM
One thing I think would be extremely funny would be to plant IEDs on the trucks, move to a nigh position and let the mercs enter their vehicles.  Then detonate while they are speeding your way...  gonna try this one for a laugh soon...

What a bunch of suckers those mercs are... they fall for it every single time...

I saw an old video of FC2 before release. It was a promotional vid and a guy was showing how to use IEDs.
He placed one in a jeep in a GP, unnoticed. Then he went loud and ran. As the mercs hopped in to give chase he blew them up... ;D

PZ

I'm really enjoying playing with them - what really makes it funny for me is that I can sucker them every time - predictability can be a good thing.

;D

Art Blade

JRD, I saw that vid too, before game release. One of the reasons to get the game asap :)

JRD

So you may help me remember one thing..
Does environment seems more destructible in this vid? Like those small shacks you have right across the street in the chicken fights for instance, I thought ythey were blowing those up completely, nothing left of them... did you noiticed it too or am I delusional?

Art Blade

now that you mention it, JRD, I too think that I saw houses being devastated. Maybe it was only wishful thinking... :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳