AC3: Tons of new details!!

Started by ninzza, March 02, 2012, 01:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ninzza

A lot of new, interesting infos:

http://gamingbolt.com/assassins-creed-3-info-blowout-new-engine-protagonist-information-new-camera-animus-3-0

After reading those infos and looking at the screenshots, I'm excited for this game.

PZ

Good find, ninzza  :-X

Quote from: GamingBolt- Den Defense will not return.
:laugh:

I like the fact that Connor (the assassin) still looks like an assassin.  The feature to do chain kills with tomahawk and knife will be amazingly fun.  Evidently there will be a relatively large part of the game in the countryside where you can hunt animals, and take their pelts to sell later.  It also looks like the rest will be in Boston and New York, where we'll be able to do acrobatics like in the other AC games.

These features are going to be dynamite!

Quote from: GamingBolt- Fighting and stealth will be completely re-innovated, with Connor being compared to a "predator". The player will be able to climb trees and other natural elements, and dual-wielding weapons such as a dagger and a mohawk is now also an option.

- Animals will be present in the woods, like deer and bears. The player will be able to kill them and pelt their skins, to sell them later with the reformed economic system of the game.

- There will be puzzles similar to The Truth, only they will not be given by Subject 16.

- Desmond will go into the new Animus 3.0 and will find himself going into "significant events".

- 100% sync in memories returns, though this time you will be rewarded when you complete memories to 100%. Checkpoints will also be introduced to mission replay, meaning you don't have to replay an entire mission to get that 100% sync.

- The Brotherhood, or the Assassin's Guild, will return in some form, albeit differently than we have seen before.

- Human shields are in, along with context sensitive actions. The target locking is gone, so the combat dynamics have changed.

- There is a fast travel system. The game is quite larger than Brotherhood; approximately 1.5 times bigger.

- There will be no more Mercenaries, Thieves, Courtesans, Romani or other factions, but there will be a replacement for them.

ninzza

I like these details:

Quote from: 'GamingBolt"

The player will be able to climb trees and other natural elements, and dual-wielding weapons such as a dagger and a mohawk is now also an option.

- Animals will be present in the woods, like deer and bears.

- There will be seasons in the game, meaning that the sun will shine during summer and the landscape will be covered in snow during winter.

- Expect Uncharted level of character interactions with 2.5 hours of scenes recorded.

PZ

It Ubi delivers anything close to what is being claimed, this is going to be an epic game - I may have to break out of FC3 for a while to give AC:III a go  :-X

mandru

:-\\

Yeah PZ, the way I sit and take a game apart in fine detail replay after replay once I get it does present a bit of a conundrum for me to have UBI drop two blockbuster bombs shells so closely to each other.  Making things even more difficult for me is that FC and AC are the only two games series that I've considered buying and highly enjoyed playing for the last three years.

So I'm doubly excited for the releases (you know I'll have to go for the pre-order perks on both) but at the same time I'm torn as to which release to be more excited about and how I'm going to handle time management once I've got them both.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Quote from: mandru  on March 02, 2012, 05:58:30 PM
:-\\

Yeah PZ, the way I sit and take a game apart in fine detail replay after replay once I get it does present a bit of a conundrum for me to have UBI drop two blockbuster bombs shells so closely to each other.  Making things even more difficult for me is that FC and AC are the only two games series that I've considered buying and highly enjoyed playing for the last three years.

So I'm doubly excited for the releases (you know I'll have to go for the pre-order perks on both) but at the same time I'm torn as to which release to be more excited about and how I'm going to handle time management once I've got them both.

Yeah, I know how you like to get the most bang for your buck so it is almost going to feel like a chaotic time when you have two of your favorite titles out at almost the same time!

It is also interesting that development of AC:III has been taking place for the past three years, and now all kinds of things are being "leaked" out.  :-()

mandru

One of the articles or videos you've linked up for us did point out that it would be dumb for an in game race that has to be resolved before 12-21-2012 hit the market without enough time for the players to get through the game before the real date actually hits.   ::)

Three years in development?  Let's hope they didn't have to rush too much towards the end of that to beat the dead line resulting in a buggy game.   :-X
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Quote from: mandru  on March 02, 2012, 08:57:05 PM
One of the articles or videos you've linked up for us did point out that it would be dumb for an in game race that has to be resolved before 12-21-2012 ...

:laugh: I'm trying to convince my wife that we need not be as frugal as we once were!

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

JRD

I remember several places being suggested as the scenario for AC3, French revolution, Victorian England, ancient Egypt and even South America with Maias, Incas and Aztecs and I was very excited about all of those! American revolution would be my last guess but now that it leaked it makes perfect sense. Previous games hinted that period of History as well.

I like the part that says that the fact that Connor is American doesn't necessarily means that Americans are the good guys and British are the bad guys, there are Templars everywhere. It sounds like a very prolific era for a main storyline based in conspiracy, treachery and deception  :-X
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Tags:
🡱 🡳