Google overhaul and your privacy

Started by fragger, February 29, 2012, 03:03:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

Hey all,

I don't know if anyone here has heard about this, but if you're conscious about online security you might consider clearing your browser history before Google introduces new privacy policies on Thursday, 1st Feb (I'm assuming that's US time). Especially if you use gmail or have a Google account that you access frequently.

Never hurts to be cautious...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-02-29/users-urged-to-clear-history-on-eve-of-google-privacy-changes/3860798

EDIT: I meant Thursday 1st March. D'oh...

Binnatics

I knew this was coming. I think I only use google for their web search function and I have a youtube account somewhere with some 30 second Dirt 3 videos. But If I have the idea that google is too much 'involved' in my PC activities I might take a step back and use Altavista again. That was my first favourite search provider. Never had any complaints, and I checked today if it's still running; things are still doing fine.  ;)
I switched to google some years ago because I liked their simplicity in design; a simple blank page with the search function centred. I also liked the artwork they did with their name at the homepage.
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Indeed - Google is trying to be like big brother MS  :-()

One thing you can do is start your browser in private browsing mode, but I honestly don't know if this will circumvent their efforts.

mandru

If they get too obnoxious I'll use Google to search for alternate search engines.   ;)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Tags:
🡱 🡳