Far Cry 3 details.

Started by Diwas Amatya, February 13, 2012, 04:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

Thanks for the translation Art.  That's pretty much what the body language and setting says too. :-()

Thanks for posting that working clip PZ.  Way cool!  :-X
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

ninzza

Thanks PZ for the trailer. Agree with Binn, the graphics look amazing like a movie.

Finally we get the release date. Although 7 months is a long wait but at least it's sooner than I thought.

Art Blade

oh, almost forgot that: Thanks for the trailer, PZ, and indeed it looks COOL! I want that game if only to see the gfx (and to force me to save for a new rig)  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Thanks guys, but it was nepdyse's find that prompted me to look for it elsewhere.

September is a loooong way off.  :'(

Art Blade

at our.. let me rephrase that: at YOUR age, it is just around the corner.  >:D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

ninzza

A Ubisoft employee said Sep 7 is the release date in UK, whereas Americans will get the game 3 days eariler as usual  :)

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/659649-Far-Cry-3-Collectors-Edition

Look at this screen again:

http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/article/121/1218710/far-cry-3-20120214035811831.jpg

PZ

Quote from: ninzza on February 15, 2012, 02:49:20 PM
A Ubisoft employee said Sep 7 is the release date in UK, whereas Americans will get the game 3 days eariler as usual  :)

That's great news for some of us gamers!  Hopefully we'll be able to give first impressions to whet others appetites.  ;)

Quote from: Art Blade on February 15, 2012, 01:53:50 PM
at our.. let me rephrase that: at YOUR age, it is just around the corner.  >:D

:laugh:

Diwas Amatya

7 months IS a long wait, but on the up-side, we have enough time to save up for some hardware to run this, the new nvidia cards are out on March yay.

JRD

Great vid, PZ.  :-X

Indeed the graphics look amazing but bear in mind that release videos are usually pre-rendered so it looks better than it will look on our regular PCs once we get to play the game.  :-(

As for the release date, september plus the two extra delay months would give us an actual release date near Christmas 2012... with luck  ????
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Quote from: JRD on February 16, 2012, 05:31:48 AM
Indeed the graphics look amazing but bear in mind that release videos are usually pre-rendered so it looks better than it will look on our regular PCs once we get to play the game.  :-(

As for the release date, september plus the two extra delay months would give us an actual release date near Christmas 2012... with luck  ????

You're absolutely correct - I think these are likely cut scenes, which are always better than the in-game game playing graphics.  If not, then the new video card nepdyse mentioned will likely be a "must have"!  :-()

mandru

As long as UBI doesn't change the DirectX to a higher requirement I'm going to have to hope that my GTX295 will limp along OK.
- mandru

Art Blade

I'm still hoping it might run on my current rig.  ^-^

Binnatics

I think it will run on these older cards. I don't think they make it a DX11 exclusive. Simply because lots of ppl can't run that atm. They want them to spend their money on the game, not on hardware ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

JRD

I will definitely need a new graphics card. My 2008 nVidia 9800GT is already limping with any game I play. Right now my PC works as long as I don't play any game but at startup it may freeze due to hardware issues...  :'(

PZ

Weren't you thinking about getting a new rig, JRD?

JRD

I recently upgraded my rig... everyhting but my graphics card!  :-(

fragger

Quote from: JRD on February 16, 2012, 05:31:48 AM

Great - just in time for the end of the world... :-()

Diwas Amatya

Here you go guys, 5 minutes or pure gameplay. From the console version. http://videos.videogameszone.de/video/6809/Far-Cry-3-Kommentiertes-Video
And this ones a slightly better, shorter IGN version.
Far Cry 3 - Video Preview

PZ

Every time I watch FC3 video, I look forward to September even though I know it is wishing time in life away!

Binnatics

I want to stop complaining about the lack of freedom, or open space, or shootable merc.... I wanna bloody PLAY the game!!!!
It looks awesome. In fact, it looks like CoD on a tropical, open world Island. And the promises, about great psychedelic characters, about the size of the game, about plenty to do.... That's good enough for me :-X :)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

I'm sure we're going to get lots of enjoyment out of the game; most of the Ubi open world games have held my interest for more than just a few plays through  :-X

fragger

That psychedelic trip sequence looked pretty out there (hope it doesn't give me flashbacks when the time comes...)

I'm really curious to see what they've done with this game, I can't wait 8)

mandru

Now I'm anxious to see what inducements are going to be offered for pre-ordering.  It would be nice if it were something like the extra weapons and vehicles found in the Fortune's Pack but at the very least I hope it's something better than wall paper.

I know in AC:R every extra goody (except for the Vlad sword and a couple extra missions for Mediterranean Control meta game) was oriented towards multi-player which is next to pointless for a pure solo player like me.   :-\\
- mandru

PZ

Quote from: mandru  on February 18, 2012, 09:35:13 AM
I know in AC:R every extra goody (except for the Vlad sword and a couple extra missions for Mediterranean Control meta game) was oriented towards multi-player which is next to pointless for a pure solo player like me.   :-\\

.. amen brother - I was exceedingly disappointed in the focus on MP, which I don't do at all.

TheStranger

Ah can't wait for it. It just looks so good - and I hope it really is that good!

Tags:
🡱 🡳