Far Cry 3 details.

Started by Diwas Amatya, February 13, 2012, 04:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spaceboy

Quote from: Art Blade on February 14, 2012, 01:43:01 PM
it is uncool to be told how to play, in that case not to shoot

lol - I thought this was talking about the fact that there is just "nothing to shoot" at this point, of course you can shoot all you want if you've got surplus ammo.  ;D   What I'm okay with is parts of the map that don't have enemies.  I like the occasional break from facing enemies, if there is a cool set piece involved, okay too - especially if going in there was an option to begin with.  Even being stripped of weapons at some point due to the story is ok - if you have to find a way to get more (steal, kill and steal, whatever).

Certainly some scripted moments to move the story along is okay as long as there's enough open world freedom throughout the map.

http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

in a shooter I will shoot innocent pebbles if there's nothing else to kill but hey, maybe that's just my insane self talking.. did I tell you what the definition of insanity was?  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

The fact that the game allows 'places with more linear gameplay' implies that the game might also be designed around these specific places. This means there's a big difference with the seemingly endless space filled with random pieces of rock, water, jungle, desert, villages etc we know so well in FC2.
I think FC2 was first created as a land, and then inside there was a storyline set. This new FC3 seems to be the other way round: They created a story, and fit the land around it. Well, this is all speculation and might totally not be true, but if it is, FC3 will be a bummer for the true exploring chaos creators amongst us  :-(
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

ninzza

Quote from: spaceboyCertainly some scripted moments to move the story along is okay as long as there's enough open world freedom throughout the map.

I agree. As much as I love the openended gameplay, I may say that some scripted events are needed to make the gameplay and story more exciting.

Binnatics

Let me guess.... the opposite of sanity?

No, serious; Insanity is 'not being able to do things that make sense according to the normality of the surrounding society'.
But what if you 'not want to do things that make sense according to the normality of the surrounding society'?  ????

Well, then we still have Far Cry >:D >:D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Binn, I was referring to the insane guy in a FC3 trailer who keeps repeating himself and explaining what insanity is. :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

ninzza

-There will be land and sea animals that will hunt you or be hunted.

- Designer Jamie Keen:"Recently we put a mineshaft just on the way down to a lighthouse. And the players heading to the lighthouse see it, and everyone just goes:'Oh look, a mineshaft!' and they have to explore. We want to constantly surprise people [with] how much they're going to find when they go exploring and follw their nose"

Looks like FC3 is FC meets Tomb Raider  :)

:-X

Shooting all the time would be tiresome, I need some moments for exploring. FC3 looks like an ideal game for me.

JRD

Yeah, I like that bit too. Either you completely deviate from your primary objective if you feel like doing it, which is cool, or go on but leave a note to self: gotta come back here and check it out!  8)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

In games that feature weapons I just have to use them, even if it means just for fun and giggles. I can't play a game without using my arsenal of fine weapons when I have them. Which doesn't mean that I have to shoot ALL the time. So I do like to explore but I know that on exploring I will eventually start shooting something or at least toss a hand grenade or three  :-D

PZ

Quote from: ninzza on February 14, 2012, 02:26:30 PM
Shooting all the time would be tiresome, I need some moments for exploring. FC3 looks like an ideal game for me.

I can relate - I remember exploring one of the vast valleys in southern Leboa (the valley you see on the way to a malaria house).  Being able to explore on my own to discover new things is lots of fun.  The most important thing - it is your decision, not the corridor.

ninzza

Yeah I agree we must have freedom to decide when and where to explore  :)

Art Blade

as well as when, where.. and whom to shoot.  :-D

ninzza

Art Blade

??? BROTHER!! COME AT ME!!  :-()

ninzza

PZ

Nice  :-X

The first one reminds me of driving the big truck in FC2  :-()

fragger

Thanks ninzza, some great shots there :-X This game is looking good!

I notice in pic nos. 8 and 10 that the guy is wearing a watch and it appears to show a different time in the two pics. Now that's a cool innovation if what it implies is true - no more having to find a bunk if you want to know what time it is :-X

Re the scripting, as long as it's relevant and minimal as it was in FC2, I'm OK with it. I also won't mind having to do the odd Lara thing from time to time, just as long as there's not too much of it. I think less is more with things like that in a game like this.

Diwas Amatya

Here's a brand new trailer from ze germans. Its not gameplay, but now we know that there is booze and guns in the game aw yeahh, time to go on a drunken rampage.
Far Cry3- Gestrandet (Full Trailer)

*Update - haha the video got blocked just seconds after I watched it, sorry guys guess you'll have to wait. Its nothing special basically its a cgi trailer(disappointing), that shows how Jason Brody ended up on the island. Jason is on a vacation I guess, with his girlfriend and a dude named Doug, they're having a good time getting drunk, next thing you know they get captured by Vaas, Doug gets a hot one in the dome, our hero escapes yada yada.....The good thing is the islands seems to be in-habited not just by hostile NPC's but ordinary citizens aswell, which is cool. And then there is a date at the end of the video, September 6, which could be the release date and GODDAMIT that's a long wait.

fragger

???? September 6th? Aw man...

Yep, the vid is definitely blocked. Thanks for trying though, nepdyse :)

Art Blade

blocked due to copyright yadda yadda yadda oh man what copyright is that if it stops a product from being advertised? Or is the game so crappy they fear advertisement? :D

PZ

Indeed - the whole copyright thing is becoming ridiculous, like most other rules and regulations.  Things are so tight now you need permission to walk down the hall.

mandru

Damn!  ????

Maybe it blocks a spoiler.  I do know that the still present static shot showing with that post even though the video is offline throws some ice water on my wanting to paint a wall with that psycho Vas' vital fluids.  (I think it's Vas in the frame.  ???  Yeah, there's that long scar over his left eye running back into the scalp)

That's not an attempt to jerk a gun out of someone's hand.  If anything is shrieks "Do me a favor but make f*%#'n sure you do it right.  Do it right here, right now!"

An automatic fired like that will still discharge a round.  Any interference from holding the barrel that way would only be preventing the next round to chamber properly.  So it kind of sucks the joy right out of the moment.   :-\\

Can someone pull a translation out of the subtitle?  "Puste mich weg, Wichser!  Tu es!"

"Tu es" I read as either "you is, you are or you am" (conjugations were never my strong point but it looks like it's roots are from Latin)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

I might be mistaken, but I think it means "blow me away... m-f%$#er...do it!"

I don't know if this will stay on any longer, but it appears to be somewhat similar, and is a new video.

The video sets the stage for the game so you get a clearer understanding of how things begin.  However for me, the most interesting fact is that the end mentions a release date of 9/7/2012. (I found this one linked from the Ubi official site)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6gnOVJsCsM#ws

Binnatics

woooowieh!!!! Great preview. nice graphics. And they sure pimped the female body design  :-D
In fact, these images look so real I can hardly see it's a videogame :o

Art Blade

Quote from: mandru  on February 15, 2012, 09:27:46 AM
Can someone pull a translation out of the subtitle?  "Puste mich weg, Wichser!  Tu es!"

"Tu es" I read as either "you is, you are or you am" (conjugations were never my strong point but it looks like it's roots are from Latin)

Tu es = "do it" -- word by word :)

The other phrase is (word by word), "blow me away, wanker! Do it!"

Tags:
🡱 🡳