Marketing and how NOT to do it

Started by Fiach, December 28, 2011, 05:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiach

http://penny-arcade.com/resources/just-wow1.html

A very funny read on how not to deal with a customer, it's a very good showcase for the power of viral anti-marketing (I made that word up :)).
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

fragger

??? Unbelievable! I can't get over that Ocean Marketing guy's attitude. There's a butt that needs a good swift one ::)

What gets me is his "there's no such thing as bad publicity" mindset. The very fact that I (and no doubt many others who read that exchange) would never have anything to do with the company he works for proves how wrong he is. So apart from being a smug ba$t@rd, he's also a first-class jerk.

Anti-marketing describes it perfectly :laugh: Nice coin of phrase, mate :-X

Fiach

It got worse mate, the whole thing went viral, youtube parodies were made, youtube product test videos of the pad  were "disliked" by tons of fake votes, eventually the pad manufacturer had to make a statement and said that ocean were no longer representing them.

http://penny-arcade.com/resources/an-update1.html

Ocean Marketing FAIL

Engadget Review E3

Fiach

OceanStratagyPaul:

Oh no I lost 1 client that couldnt deliver product on tiem! Good, more time for reliable clients

10 hours ago

BTW I didn't spell Strategy like that :)

https://twitter.com/OceanStratagy

Yes, I have nothing better to do, its a slow day and its raining.  >:D

JRD

Quote(...) he's a customer unless you're his boyfriend then you should side with the company not the customer. Be Careful

??? Unbelievable, just unbelievable  ???

If I was running OceanMarketing I'd fire this guy through an open mail to everyone involved in the product chain plus customers in an attempt to save the company's reputation, then I'd sue the jerk down to his last penny, burn his house, spit on his beer and pee on his dog!!!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Fiach

His DOG?????

Note to self : Never....NEVER piss off JRD!....EVER!  >:D :angel: :laugh:

JRD

Well, I hate to be treated like crap by some arrogant ba$t@rd  :angry-new:

It pisses me off to see a guy who is supposed to be delivering some quality service/product treating you like he is the one doing a big favor, as if I should thank him for being there to sell something and because of that I should just take any kind of insult quietly... after all I need him not the other way around!!!  \:/
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Dweller_Benthos

Saw this on PA and figured it was a joke, no one in their right mind is going to respond to a customer e-mail like that. Guess I was wrong. Apparently this Ocean Marketing company is a one man outfit that the controller manufacturer hired for PR and customer support. Bad idea there, and they have admitted to it. The device looks like it could fill a need, especially for people who don't have 100% use of all their fingers, or just for people who want to use more than their index fingers and thumbs. All the hate towards the company for this is a little unwarranted I think. Hopefully, they will be able to get past this, and hire a real PR firm that knows how to deal with the public.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

I really like Gabe and his attitude: "I will personally burn everything I've made to the fucking ground if I think I can catch them in the flames."  :-D :-X

Yes, unbelievable. Especially because that stupid arrogant Ocean prick WROTE (read: evidence) everything using email (read: easy to distribute) LOL how bloody stupid some people are :D

Thank you Fiach, that was good entertainment. Shows that good people may actually win over bad.  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

Tags:
🡱 🡳