The Legend of John Henry's Hammer

Started by Fiach, December 06, 2011, 02:25:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiach

I came across this while doing something on another forum. Its a song I always liked, but the video here has a pretty cool historical perspective, with some footage of laying a railroad back in the day (*cough* retiredgords day  >:D).

Ballad of John Henry's Hammer
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Must have missed this one. Great Version of a great song! I love Johnny Cash

:-X

Edit:
I couldn't resist posting another great Cash song. This was the first one I found youtuubing Cash, and I must say it's a nice piece of w@&k!

Enjoy:

Johnny Cash - San Quentin (Live from Prison)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Enjoy?  ???  ENJOY?  :'(

"Unfortunately this SME music-content is not available in Germany because..." blah blah blah   >:(( :D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

It was a fabulous concert, if you havent seen it all, its well worth checking out mate :)

There was a bio-pic made pretty recently called Walk the Line, its a brilliant film, even if you dont like Johnny Cash, its top notch entertainment :)

Art, I dunno what SME means, but the video is an excerpt from a johnny cash concert in San Quentin jail, where he performs the song San Quentin, its probably the first song my dad taught me on guitar, so its pretty special to me :)

Art Blade

thanks for the synopsis, Fiach, at least I now know what that vid is about. SME, probably just another music company that couldn't get enough of our money. The reason we (Germans) don't see many of the major labels is that we (YT Germany) are not willing to give the music industry that much money, the amount of money they want must be quite a bit when that happens.

Fiach

Ah, yeah it could be performance tax, I get it now cheers :)

spaceboy

I always liked the legend of John Henry.  Nice vid.

Here's another song.."John Henry" by Van Morrison...just a little more funky than Cash's.....   "Give me a cool drink of water before I die"   8) damn gives my spine chills while my toes are tappin'

John Henry by Van Morrison
..."it ain't nothin' but my hammer suckin' wind"
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

Not bad that choon, not bad at all  :-() :-X

Fiach

LOL, yeah its quite different from JC's version, I never knew VM covered that song, nice find :)

spaceboy

glad you guys like it.  Not hard for me to find, I've got 454 Van Morrison songs on my mp3 player I bring to w@&k, plus a few more on my PC at home that I didn't sync.  Crazy thread, the Irish guy posts a Johnny Cash song and the American posts a Van Morrison song.  :)  And Johnny Cash was my first avatar here (and at the old Far Cry 2 World site).
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Binnatics

Very nice song! Great way to learn about this legend, through songs like this :-X

Nice piano btw ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Tags:
🡱 🡳