Team Fortress 2

Started by Art Blade, November 26, 2011, 06:46:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

For some reason it hadn't been here so I posted it.  :-D

I got TF2 along with Portal and never played it until a few days ago. It is what BRINK tried to be: Comic, Fun, Chaos, Team, Madness, More Fun.. you name it. Oh and Multiplayer only (or "offline training").

You keep finding stuff other people dropped such as improved weapons you may use from then on and you can get those as a reward for some achievements (wow, 381 achievements!) and you can craft stuff. Oh, and trade and buy. Madness, again.

After a couple of years the game is still fresh and more than 3,000 servers active.

NICE :)

Currently STEAM offers the game FOR FREE.

[smg id=3835 type=link align=center width=500 caption="TF2 001"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Cool :-X

Yeah, the TF thing seems pretty durable - not that I've ever played it. I've had TF for a while (or should I say it's been available to me for DL from Steam for a while) as it came with the Orange Box along with HL2 and the original Portal but any kind of MP is simply too iffy from my end of the net. I know I'd just get frustrated by lags and dropouts.

Glad you're having fun with it :)

And so that's where your new avatar comes from Art, a red team TF2 guy. I thought at first it was something from GTA IV except for the oddly featureless face and the helmet that looks like it's been rammed on with a sledgehammer :-()

Art Blade

:laugh:

They all look completely silly  :-D :-X

And I got this game exactly the same way you described. Only I actually dared download and play it :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

PZ

Good one, Art - and for free to boot!

Binnatics

Hehe, funny that spectater-sandwich-mode. I saw quite a lot of 'ketchup' flying around. Too bad in your version it's replaced by toys and trash >:D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

so right.. bloody German censorship even affects the game when it's not in the typical localised folder. Apparently some people think it reads the registry (which I don't think is the reason for the game recognising my country). More likely however is that I used a German code that came with the German Orange Box of HL2.. However, it is really, REALLY annoying to be unable to simply bypass it with a patch.

Binnatics

Well, speaking of your blood-issue; I see the blood and it's not so great that I would miss it when it's not there anymore. It makes the game look like a tomatoe fight actually. So you don't really miss much imho. I, for my point of view, miss something since I can't see the rubber ducks and other toys tear out of the wounded bodies. I'm very curious for them, I think it fits nicely with the entire gamedesign.

By the way, great online multiplayer. It is indeed what Brink wanted to be, and could have been. If they just organized their online lobby system a little smoother ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

:)

Here, this is what it looks like. In the original (uncut -- better: non-German) version you should have seen gibs, body parts and red blood. This version at least makes it look funny rather than annoying. I admit I liked it until I realised it was a means of censorship.

[smg id=3846 type=link align=center width=500 caption="TF2 002"]

PZ

Why is it that someone always thinks we need to protect ourselves from seeing and hearing things?   ????

Art Blade

No idea. I think everything is OK when it is related to childhood. Organising education of kids and taking care of their protection makes sense. There is a line drawn called "adulthood" and an age agreed upon (when that is differs from country to country, here 18, somewhere else 21 and so on) which means at some point education and protection is over, you have to walk on your own feet and decide for yourself and be ready to live with consequences of what you do or don't do; that is called responsibility. If our education leads to responsibility then I don't need nor do I want to be forced to accept anybody else's idea of what is good for me or what isn't. I enjoy the freedom to choose for myself. That is what makes me angry, if someone tells me "you will see unicycles, springs, dentures, pistons, hamburgers, cogwheels and rubber ducks rather than severed limbs, gore and blood." In a combat game that obviously doesn't take itself too seriously, on the contrary, it is extremely exaggerated and cartoonish.

Binnatics

I think this is the most original way of erasing the bloodiness in a game. I wish I had these funny things instead of the tomato ketchup that I have :-D

Besides, the German censoring has reached the Dutch news twice the last few days. After 15 years Germany has decided that Quake is no longer too violent to vend, and on the other hand the game Dead Island is banned as being too violent. Lol. I bet you want to play Dead Island now >:D

Art Blade

A toast to that. Let's make up a drink and call it Dead Island Ice Tea.

Binnatics

Speaking of toasts 'n drinks; are you still able to order a bloody mary over there? >:D

Art Blade

No. They have signs everywhere telling me to "keep out"  :'(

[smg id=3853 type=link align=center width=500 caption="TF2 003"]

But I killed 'em all for it  >:D

Binnatics

heheh, in a pool of rubber ducks :-() heheh

Art Blade

The difference between you and me is that I can't choose whether or not to play with rubber ducks. My government makes me.

But you, on the other hand.. if you're so fond of rubber ducks, you know, I think that they're not really expensive.. you could buy one, or a couple hundred of those in your particular fetish case, and do what you've got to do.  :-D

Here a screenie (without your favourite toys)  ^-^

[smg id=3862 type=link align=center width=500 caption="TF2 004"]

Binnatics

Nice pic, btw, we should have a rubber duck for a smiley ;)

Art Blade

^-^... :)... ???... :(... ????... >:(... :angry-new:...

HA HA HA

>:((... :D... :angel:... :-D... :laugh:

Binnatics

[smg id=3867 align=left width=20]

HI HI HI

Hope you appreciate the introduction of this new smiley

:lol
[smg id=3867 align=centre width=20]
  :wink

fragger

Good one Binn :-D :-X That "quacked" me up!

Sorry...

Art Blade

how quaint.  >:(( :D 8-X :angel: ^-^

Art Blade

three more pics...

My personal family doctor took care of my well being as a sniper and allowed us to score abundantly. For the pics I changed to a spy class with a funny-looking taunt ("taking a pic of you") and the funny thing is that spies try to blend in with the enemy or be invisible. Overcharging a spy is basically non-existent and therefore we did it  :-()
[smg id=3876 type=link align=center width=400 caption="TF2 005 1 pic by xenonnboy"]
Same situation, switched point of view. The intense blue colour is due to being on the blue team and the medic providing me (and himself at the time) with "Übercharge" which means invulnerability for a few seconds
[smg id=3877 type=link align=center width=400 caption="TF2 005 2 pic by Art Blade"]
Here a nice end of the round pic.
[smg id=3878 type=link align=center width=400 caption="TF2 006"]

B33 ENN

Glad you're enjoying the game, Art. I also had it for ages (from the Orange Box) but only started playing it earlier this year. Like most Valve games, it is a lot of fun indeed, and was my first proper foray into FPS MP gaming. :)
"Do your mother a favour, buy a Lance & Ferman Military Laser."

Art Blade

Cheers mate  :-() I'd really like to team up with you or at least play on the same server at the same time with you :) Just hop in when you see me online or I might send you a game invite.  :-X ^-^

Tags:
🡱 🡳