Hello? Anyone home?

Started by fragger, November 08, 2011, 11:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

This is a new twist for me...

As you can see in pic 1, there is a mission available at the UFLL HQ in Pala:

[smg id=3809 align=center width=400]

Yet there is nobody on the door! Thus, nobody to interact with, no hand icon appearing and thus no way to get in and get the mission:

[smg id=3810 align=center width=400]

Actually I'd noticed this earlier when I still had one APR mission left to do, so I went and did that in the hopes that it might clear the glitch. Upon coming back to town after doing that mission however there was still no doorman at UFLL HQ, which is when I took these screenies. All side missions had been completed at that point and there was nothing else for me to be doing, so out of annoyance I started a town fight, got clobbered and subsequently rescued by Josip, who dragged me to the swamp boat jetty on the western edge of Pala. After healing myself I still had the "Escape the cease-fire zone" message showing, but as soon as I jumped into the swamp boat and started it up I got the all-clear. Going back into town I found that the UFLL bouncer was now on the door as he should have been all along and everything then proceeded normally.

Phew... I had half a wasted game on my hands for a while there :-\\

Has anyone else had this experience?

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nexor

On one of my early play throughs I had something similar, only, the guy let me in but when I got upstaires the door was closed...........

fragger

Really? That's an oddie too ???? How did you get around that? Or did you have to reload?

@Art, there's no need for such a long-winded answer mate :-()

nexor

Yes I had to reload, no matter what I tried.  (;\

PZ

I've read about nexor's experience - not altogether uncommon.  Have experienced strange things before, such as the boat captain on the deck instead of the control room.  No option but to reload from an earlier save.

Art Blade

Quote from: fragger on November 09, 2011, 05:11:19 AM@Art, there's no need for such a long-winded answer mate :-()

sorry. :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

TheStranger

Quote from: nexor63 on November 09, 2011, 01:22:51 AM
On one of my early play throughs I had something similar, only, the guy let me in but when I got upstaires the door was closed...........

I had that too, and searching on the internet revealed that this is a very common bug in FC2 and many people suffered from it. The only cure is to reload an old savegame which in my case was really great, because I decided before I take the last main mission to find all diamond cases - all w@&k was for nothing. :'(

But there was always a merc at the door(s).

Binnatics

Although I've experienced quite some bugs allready, I've never had that problem. In fact, I'm quite curious what my new card does according to FC2's weird appearances. I remember the weird poogooing mercs and fast pulsing (forward and backward) buddies when I talked to them. I think that was another ATI related bug :-()
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

mandru

:lamp:

If you do revert to a previous save point I would suggest that you go immediately to see if the doorman is present before doing anything else.

By doing that you are making sure that the previous save is not also contaminated with this glitch.  I find that if I make a save while a glitch is active there's no way to roll it back to become playable later and any following saves on that line of play history will be buggy.

If you do find that the glitch is present on your most recent save you will need to keep stepping back through your save history to find a safe re-entry point.

Sorry I don't have better news.   ::)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

I have. You can always start a fresh bug-free playthrough  :-D

nexor

Luckely it only happened once, the other thing, to prevent my pc being bogged down with too many game saves I over save a fair amount before making a new save, by doing that I lose a lot of game play if I have to revert back to an earlier save, oh well, some you win, some you lose......... :-D

Tags:
🡱 🡳