Modern Warefare 3

Started by Fiach, November 08, 2011, 06:19:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiach

Well, it was this or Skyrim, figured Skyrim will be full of bugs for a bit, so I'll wait for the GOTY edition :)

€42, only for MW3, I remember one of the previous games they were going to put the price up to 55, because they could, so I was pleasently surprised when I saw the price tag!  :-X

I have to say, this game looks great, y'know, sometimes you see footage on TV and you know it wont live up to that visually, because its either pre-rendered or from the PC version, but the 360 version looks SHARP!

It was a really nice feeling when I went into the first combat area, it was like slipping on an old comfortable pair of shoes, compared to the combat in Uncharted, I really disliked the aiming in that game, but its same old same old with MW3, pinpoint precision, you really feel more in control, if that makes sense.

Storywise.... well, I never thought that a MW game could have spoilers, so I wont give any, because gtheres a nice surprise at the start, when an old favourite is introduced. :)

You begin the campaign as Frost as you infiltrate the russian stock exchange....with extreme prejudice!

I never understood why MW insist on making you use different characters for different segments of the game, I know it serves a narrative purpose, but I think it distances your feelings of empathy for your character, for example when your characters dies, you dont really give a toss.

Anyway, a great looking game, awesome combat, 5 hour campaign, plus and extra set of solo/co-op missions as well, WAR! HUH!... What is it good for!  >:D

Fiach : Killing russians so you dont have to! :)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

PZ

Art Blade

When Two Tribes Go To War.. hehe-- Have fun, mate  :-() :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Hmm... Tossing up over this one... MW2 was also quite short (5-6 hours) and very linear, but then the CoD games and their MW spinoffs always have been. The combat has always been fun though, as has been the eye candy. I felt that MW2 had a tad too much scripting in it and little replay value (in fact I only played it 1½ times before I got sick of it) and I agree with you Fiach about the multiple player characters detracting from the immersion value. MW2 had a bit of a twisty storyline too with a (literal) stab in the back at one point that I really didn't see coming. Seems they save the proper storylines for the MW games and concentrate on straight-out fighting in their WW2-era ones.

I might see what the asking price for MW3 is here and let that be the deciding factor.

nexor

My first impression on COD MW2 and 3
Spoiler
I just don't understand how the devs thought MW2 and 3 out, the moral of story is that a crazy Russian wants to lay his grubby paws onto the ultimate weapon to destroy/take over the world, you and your buddies are supposed to stop him(sounds like BF-BC2)and in his attempt he destroys half the world in the process, and what he doesn't destroy the powers you answer to destroys in trying and stop him, so what's he gonna do with the weapon once he's got it? The impression I get is that the "storyline" is just there to differentiate the Modern Warefare series from other games. I'm about 2/3 into MW3 and by now I can almost predict what's gonna happen next

Art Blade

who pays attention to a storyline when you can kill or get killed.  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nexor

Art Blade

err.. or get washed away by a massive wave = drown.

nexor

That was a submarine surfacing after I sabotaged it

Fiach

LOL, I watched that a few times wondering...wth?????  :laugh:
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

nexor

I'm uploading a few videos onto Youtube, will load that one as well, I'm uploading them in the default avi format, have convert them to mp4 but the quality is very poor. although the videos are only about 2 min long it takes for ever to upload, the one video is only 141mb youtube indicates 80 min uploading time, will post them as soon as they uploaded

nexor

Art Blade

lol I get a message "this video is a duplicate of a previously uploaded video" and that's that.

nexor

I'm having a Youtube problem, OWG did not except the youtube embed code supplied on their new upload design, then I deleted, or I thought I deleted it from youtube and uploaded it again using their old upload design, I even received an embed code, and only after posting it here did I get the duplication message. This time I made f@#$?*g sure it's deleted from youtube and is uploading it again hopefully with better success

Art Blade

the old vid is "unavailable" (of course, if you deleted it) and the new one won't show because it's a duplication of something that doesn't exist any more. Makes sense. YT-logic :D

nexor

Art Blade

nexor

[smg id=3863 type=av]

The only way to watch this clip is in fullscreen

Art Blade

That was a very nice "corridor shooter" action  :o :) :-X

nexor

Tags:
🡱 🡳