modding FC2 hang glider

Started by nexor, October 10, 2011, 12:34:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nexor

Have any of you guys found something on the gliders, I been busy most of the weekend to see if I can find something on how to mod the glider, but with my limited knowledge I could easily miss something    :(

I will keep that in mind, testing my new settings out on a mission to see the effects, if I need to jump higher then I will have to change the value of fall damage, thanks     :-X

nexor

Any of you guys found something on how to mod the gliders, I spent a lot of time during the weekend going thru Vehicles world1.xml (all 3898 pages of it) to see if I can find anything, but with my limited knowledge I'd probably miss it       :-()

PZ

I hadn't even thought of the glider - would be worth a look.  Might even be able to extend flight time  :-()

nexor

That's one of the things I would like to have improved in FC2      :-X

Art Blade

I haven't looked into it yet but it is a good idea to see if we can improve that thing. The original FarCry had a much more agile glider.

As a matter of fact, that idea is good enough to split the topic and spin this off  :) :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nexor

fragger

I'd be very surprised if this was possible by modding, but I always wanted to be able to drop grenades from a glider. The grenades would have to simply drop off your guy somehow as there's no animation to show him taking his hands off the glider's control bar to pull the pin and throw. But I'm sure that this would require a whole new swath of programming code to be written as opposed to just modding. It's a pity, because there are a couple of places where you can fly a glider right over a GP and I always thought how cool it would be to deliver a bit of death from above >:D

Art Blade

play JustCause2 instead -- there you can.  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on October 24, 2011, 04:19:54 PM
play JustCause2 instead -- there you can.  :)
The best part - you don't even need to create mods - they are all available for download  :-()

fragger

(Cue: sad violin music) I really, really wish I could play JC2 but I can't just yet. I did buy it about a year ago but it my old rig can't seem to cope with it, even with all the graphics options and res turned right down. Which is odd because all the other games I've bought in the last 2-3 years run fine - FC2, Half-Life 2, Call of Juarez, Wolfenstein, Alpha Protocol, World at War, Modern Warfare 2, Stalker CoP, CivV, Portals 1 and 2, Deus Ex HR... Admittedly I've had to dither with the graphics options with some of them to get them to run OK, but run they will. JC2 just sneers at my system with contempt and refuses to play nicely. Maybe it doesn't like my graphics card or something, I dunno. It does run but is painfully, painfully slow, like about 1 fps ??? I can't really afford to upgrade (read "get whole new machine") at the moment either, especially for the sake of just one game - other priorities and stuff :-( But thanks for the suggestion, I will definitely get to it one of these years :)

In the meantime, I want to drop bombs from a hang glider in FC2... :-()

Art Blade

May it rain down truckloads of money on you so you can get a suitable machine. :-D

fragger

Art Blade

a new BMW (bike) would also be a nice new machine  :)

fragger

PZ

What video card are you using, fragger?  Sounds more like something is wrong if running at what seems like 1 fps, yet you can run other games fine.

fragger

It's a NVidia GeForce 8500GT 3D. Can't remember how much RAM is on it off the top of my head, maybe a gig. It's getting a bit long in the tooth, I know. Other games are OK but as I said I usually have to compromise graphically somewhere to get them to run acceptably. Hey, it's an aging machine, getting close to five years old :-() If I'm going to upgrade though I'd rather go the whole hog instead of upgrading bits and pieces. I've been wanting to do that for a little while now :)

PZ

Yeah, looks like you'll need to retire that old workhorse one of these days.

fragger

I certainly will. System requirements for complex games won't be going down in the future. Still, the old rig has served me very well over the years :-X

Art Blade

Let's hope that you next one will, too  :) :-X

nexor

I'm in the same boat, my MSI 31M3 motherboard running the same graphics card as what you have fragger, I was told the board can run Nvidia GTX560Ti or GTX470 and 480 then I have to upgrade the Power supply. The GTX560Ti  will cost me R 2500

Art Blade

GTX560Ti is what I'd like to have, too  :-X

nexor

the 570 or 580 would be the ideal ones to go for, it should be good for at least five years keeping in mind the progress made with every new game being developed

I don't know how the price comparison would be outside of RSA, the 570 would cost R 3500 and the 580 is R 5000, we can buy fully loaded operational new laptops for that price    :o

Tags:
🡱 🡳