Bar brawls, taken to the streets

Started by Art Blade, October 23, 2011, 05:24:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Whenever I start to mess around (shoot-outs) with cops, I end up dead unless I cheat my way out. Only when I try to escape in a fast car am I able to get rid of them without cheating. However, I have fun duking it out as long as I can and it always makes me chuckle or even laugh when they finally finish me over because by then they've sent in half an army and everyone with guns blazing  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

One of my favorite hobbies in GTA Vice City and San Andreas after finishing the game and just going after collectables was to raise my wanted level to the maximum and find a way to survive without cheating.

I remember a car shop in GTA-VC with many fast cars on display and a paint shop on the parking lot outside. I used to go upstairs, break a window and start firing at vehicles and pedestrians passing by till I get the attention of the police. They never went upstairs after me, only tried to shoot me from down on the streets. Since I was indoors the helicopter couldn`t open fire at me but I usually was able to fire a rocket against them, putting them down and raising even more my wanted level till the FBI show up and then the army!  >:D

After a huge mess out all I had to do was to get a car, fly over the window and drive to the back of the shop and into the paint where, just by painting my car on a different color I was free and innocent again!!!  :angel:

On San Andreas I knew all locations of stars spread throughout my neighborhood and instead of going to a paint I tried to get those stars that counted as bribe so decreasing my wanted level a notch for each star I collected!  8)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

:)

Unfortunately in GTA IV the forces will go everywhere you go as long as there are paths leading there. In other words, they enter buildings and run up the stairs, even to and into your very own safehouses ??? The only safe location is to use a helicopter and land on a rooftop without exits. There you can shoot down but will have to deal with their helicopters and eventually you'll run out of ammo to fend those off. By then your own helo has most likely been converted to rubble and debris which renders you a prisoner of your crest. Either jump to your death or be shot to death.. you can still blow yourself up, though..  :-D

That's why I keep dying: Staying in one place will lead to your death. Trying to escape as early and quickly as possible is the only way to save that part of your body you use to sit on.  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

I remember that carhop as well, in the industrial zone. Wasn't that the location where a number of races started as well? I also remember trying to survive in the army base. This GTA IV is actually the first sequel without an army base. All others had one.

Having fun with wanted levels was the best in San Andreas. I loved to go to a locked island early in the game and try to collect the collectables and do the side missions. It was great to try and shoot these snapshots in SF without getting caught or killed by the numerous cops chasing you. I also remember how the cops even chased you up to Mont Chiliad. It was so funny to see a SWAT team fall off the mountain passing your view trying to make their way down on these small passages >:D

In GTA IV, the best way to loose a wanted level without cheating, is to go to a paint 'n spray asap or to get inside a helicopter. Flying is the best way to flee from the wanted area, which can increase tremendously when having like 6 stars.
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

JRD

I remember being surprised by police officers inside my own safehouse GTA IV, when I could run it on my old rig  :-\\

You didn`t have that "area of search" thing though. As long as you had a wanted level raised you`d be always chased, except for one star level which would disappear eventually if you just stay out of trouble for a few minutes. Two or more would cause the police to go after you till you bribe them or paint your vehicle!  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

interesting -- that's the difference between knowing prequels and having started only now with IV. Although I know I missed out on a lot, I'm still glad that I joined at all (if late) and that I don't have to put up with the old graphics and other program/game design flaws. I'm looking forward to playing V :)

Binnatics

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳