Bar brawls, taken to the streets

Started by Art Blade, October 23, 2011, 05:24:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

When you start the SP game you live in that working class part of town with lots of Russians and Russian mobsters around. However, the people of that neighbourhood are probably the most violent civilians in all Liberty City. Maybe too much vodka and too little room in bars.

Just drive around like a maniac, shoot out of the window or drop a hand grenade out of your car while driving around innocently.. and all of a sudden you'll see two, three, four cars slamming into yours, pedestrians pulling you out of your car and nearby drivers stopping, getting out and start shooting at you. All of that at once and more often than not they finish you off even before the police arrives to finish you off ???

"Driving in Liberty fucking City," as Packie likes to say occasionally :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Sounds dangerous - need an AR-16  ???

Art Blade

It is. And yes, you may equip a combat rifle  :-()

I behave like a maniac most of the time I drive around in Liberty City, dropping hand grenades is one of my favourite pastimes (3,700+ vehicles blown up and about 800 hand grenade kills, so far)  :-() Only when I start to believe something is different and if it reminds me of having kicked over a hornets nest, only then I check where I am (that particular neighbourhood) and I think to myself, "oh no."  :laugh:
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Art Blade

:)

I mean, really, those idiots chase you in packs as if you had just stolen all their money, eaten all their dog food and then puked that stuff across their handmade shag wool rugs.

Fiach

I didnt play much of that game, but I do remember the very start, walking onto the street, I wasnt sure what the buttons did, so I was pressing randomly for walk/jump etc. Suddenly I punched a pedestrian, he started fightin g me and I didnt know how to hit him back, the police arrested him and thanked me, as apparently he was wanted for forged cheques or something like that! :)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

Haha, I had a very similar experience and like you at the very beginning: I wanted to leave my house. Without realising (wrong buttons) I started moving in the wrong direction and by that jumped through the closed door which sprang open and slammed into someone who fell over due to the impact, I had knocked him over without knowing what the heck was going on. That moment a cop thanked me for helping arrest that man who was still on the ground, puzzled, struggling to get up.  ^-^

PZ

:laugh: I'll bet those episodes gave you guys a good laugh!

Art Blade

yes :)

What made me really laugh hard was after a surreal scene had unfolded.. it was when I was driving around in that said neighbourhood at night. I stopped at a red traffic light for fun and giggles when two cars connected in the middle of the crossroads and somehow it all ended with a mass fist fight (that included a mostly nude hooker punching some driver's face) and a police shoot-out. I wasn't involved in any of those quarrels, just watching exactly like this smiley:  ???

:laugh:

PZ

:laugh: :-X

I need to fire up this game - have it for the console, but have never really gone into it.

Art Blade

It's worth it. I wouldn't have touched it if Binnatics hadn't done everything humanly possible to make me play it (reminds me of Portal2 for some reason..)  ^-^ And now I have spent more than 400 hours on it  :-()

PZ

I keep meaning to do it, and actually had just installed it on my old PS3 when it went belly up.  I haven't had much chance lately to do console gaming.  ;)

Art Blade

Just make sure to keep one of those old PS3 consoles. You know, technological progress and so on.. by the time you're ready for it you might be unable to find hardware still able to run it.  :-()

PZ

I've been doing a bit of online research and the consensus appears to be that it is not worth the cost to have Sony fix the old PS3.  :'(

Art Blade

I was only joking and you're saying it's already become reality ??? However, I play it on my PC.. so there is hope: Get it for your PC :)

PZ

No worries - I already purchased a new console, and will install it one of these fine days.  :-()

Art Blade

Binnatics

Excellent indeed!!

I'm sure you'll like it. And it will be probably a good warm-up for the soon-to-be-released GTA V ^-^

I started a new playthrough with Luis in The Ballad of Gay Tony. It seems like even the streets have gotten some 80's creamy framework in this DLC.
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

I'm playing TBoGT too and love the LC fight club. It's basically like the film with Arm.. err, Brad Pitt. Early in the game I thought I'd try to make money betting on fighters. Starting with some $2,500 I'm now (after visitin and betting during several fight events) at $3+ million. Invested (lost) 1,7m and won 5.1 m so I can make $3 out of $1 :)

Funny thing, I earned $11,500 from game missions but am already a multi-millionaire  :-()

Binnatics

That is indeed a great way of making fast money. The introduction of betting minigames isn't new to GTA, it was well presented in San Andreas. I never tried this dog-fight betting though, and it's sure worth a try :-X ^-^

I found out that there are more locations like the Russian getto you mentioned. I was almost sure there would be, and I checked little Italy in Algonquin. They sure do love a fight overthere too ;)
I started pushing people out of their terrace seats, and found one (Italian of course) who got quite pissed. He warned me but I ignored that and put a "piece" against his head. He mentioned that I should "put the piece away". I shot him in the head and that started a massive gunfight around the restaurant >:D All his mates were suddenly shooting me to death >:(
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Oh yes, gunshots can turn into gunfights which in turn can turn into something not unlike a civil war  >:D

If you cheat your wanted level down (i.e. being "innocent") you can watch how police and thugs duke it out :)

PZ

Sounds really open world, with lots of experimenting to do - I like that in a game.  :-X

Art Blade

Oh yes, it is and so do I. Sometimes I spend a day gaming in the world of GTA IV without actually doing any missions. That's how I came up with stuff like this and the panic mode car chases  :-()

PZ

Art Blade

Finally a decent pic depicting what we've been discussing, on topic  :-()

It started with the "couple" to the right, the guy with white trainers had been driving that bike and rammed the pedestrian he's now boxing with who pulled him off the bike. To the left another fight ensued but I don't know why, I saw a woman (to the right of that couple) attack the driver of that green car, pulling him out, and then they started to punch each others nuts to pulp  :-() Oh the best thing: I really wasn't involved and didn't cheat here  :laugh:

[smg id=3769 type=link align=center width=500 caption="GTA IV TBoGT 001"]

Tags:
🡱 🡳