Panic Mode -- racing AI

Started by Art Blade, October 23, 2011, 02:58:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

I keep doing it ever since I found out about it by accident. Literally. :) What? Provoking random innocent AI drivers to go into panic mode.

Just pick someone you'd like to race, pull up to their bumper and touch their car (as hard as you want) and then keep chasing that same car and keep bumping into its rear end. After maybe five, six or seven times (sometimes more, sometimes less) the driver in the car in front of you finally realises that you're a psychopath and starts to panic. That's when the fun begins :) The car will go very fast recklessly overtaking other cars and running over pedestrians, eventually slamming into a tree, other cars, a wall.. in other words, just like you. The chase may take a few minutes, maybe longer -- you'll never know until it's over but it's worth it,  :-D

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Art Blade

Oh yes, it is  ;D The best bit is if you see them kill themselves in a traffic accident. Like, they smash into another car because of their reckless driving and the impact lets them slam their head into the dashboard, breaking their neck. Their faces remain rested on the wheel and there on the horn while still kicking down the pedal to the metal. So what you sometimes get to see is a car that crashes into whatever obstacle and from there it drives away at an unnatural angle and sort of circle while honking the horn non-stop, and mostly they end up slamming into something solid like a wall or tree. Nice  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Art Blade

In a way, yes indeed :)

However, I'm quite glad that they don't drive around in vehicles with mounted guns and grenade launchers and I'm particularly glad that so far they haven't heard of mortars.  :-D There are bridges, though, and I've seen police cars manned with officers who overextended themselves and went over the side and down into the river. The last thing I heard was their shouting, using loudspeakers, "pull over!" Hehe, at least they are sportive  :-()

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on October 23, 2011, 06:04:35 PM
... The last thing I heard was their shouting, using loudspeakers, "pull over!" Hehe, at least they are sportive  :-()
:laugh: cops to the bitter end

Art Blade

:-()

I like to really annoy them to a point that they lose their sense of humour. You can tell by the change of lines, they'd then shout stuff like, "I can't stand it any more -- permission to blow his head off?"  ??? :laugh:

Binnatics

:laugh:
I saw them waiting on a corpse to move over and every minute or so they tried to 'scare the corpse away' by pulling up 10 cm and brake >:D
Then, when they were waiting, I saw them both drop their coffee cup out of the window. Once I started to kill other citizens they suddenly forgot about the corpse on the ground and put the pedal to the metal chasing me >:D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Hehe, you're right, observing cops is fun and once they're on alert it is basically the same as being on panic mode :)

Have you ever hailed a taxi to get around? When you've chosen your destination (and maybe your favourite radio station, too) you can speed things up by hitting the space bar. That puts the driver in panic mode and he's extremely likely to cause several more or less severe traffic accidents on the way to the destination. My worst (or funniest) experience was when he rammed something and got stuck between two obstacles (tree and house) so he couldn't break free. I had to get out and leave there. I'd really like to be on board when he kills himself, head on horn, pedal to the metal, going in a wide circle and ending up slamming into something. I'd really like to see that happen from inside his car  :-D

Binnatics

What's this for "Panic mode"? >:D

[smg id=3770 width=500]
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

I'm so HOT  :-D That Binnatics-Meisje is running away, unfortunately  ??? ^-^

Tags:
🡱 🡳