Mouse and Mouse Pad preferences

Started by Art Blade, October 22, 2011, 12:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

What do you guys use.. some cheap $5 mouse and mat or expert stuff?

In the past I had already changed from cheap stuff to more expensive mice and mats and ended up with pro gamer stuff. I just replaced my Eraser Exact Mat with a $30 Eraser Vespula Pad and got a new $70 Logitech G500.

Very good experience :) The mouse uses a laser and sports adjustable weight (I use 6x 4.5g which is the max weight), I can change its sensitivity in three steps with a click of a button (excellent idea), the scroll wheel can be either completely free of friction as if it was a wheel indeed or you can switch back to that clicking rattling default setup. The mouse slides smoothly over the speed surface of that Vespula pad (turn the pad around to get the rough surface for precision and place it on its holding mat that sports the wrist rest). The combo (mouse+pad) feels just right.  :-X

See here:

mouse:
http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/mice-pointers/mice/devices/5750

mat:
http://www.cravingtech.com/razer-vespula-review.html
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I'm using a Logitech G9 laser with adjustable weights, wheel as you describe, and a whole host of programmable buttons.  The mat is a Razer eXactmat X speed.  Both have served very well as aiming mechanisms in sniper situations.  >:D

Fiach

Logitech laser Mouse, looks like a rock, dunno the name I have it about 7 years, keyboard is just a random Dell that came with my PC.
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Binnatics

I use a Revoltec FightMouse Pro since a few months. I got a free mousemat with it, which is made of very soft material. The upper layer is a sort of textile, very smooth, and the bottom is rubber, which gives it grip to the surface it's laying on.
The mouse has the same weight system yours has, with 7 dumbell-like rounds that can be put inside. I don't use them, I like it featherlight. It is a lasermouse as well, and I can adjust the accuracy to 3200 DPI.
I like that since I always use a high sensitivity for the mouse.

Here's a review:
http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/input_devices/revoltec_fightmouse_pro/1
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

mandru

Cheap stuff all the way.  ^-^

I go through a mouse clicking them to death on average of about once a year so I typically stick with a big old clunky laser tracking Microsoft mouse w/ 2 buttons and wheel.

A few years back I bought a significantly more expensive mouse that was more compact and rated as a gaming mouse but it was so narrow that within a week my hand was so crippled up I was afraid I was having a rapid onset of arthritis.  Fortunately I figured out that it was only after gaming for a bit that it was occurring so I trashed it and bough another fat old mouse.

I have a cheap Logitech keyboard and have to admit that I flirted with a nice Logitech thumb ball controller but eventually shifted back to the standard mouse because it was more responsive in an up close firefight when I'm in Africa and need to be as nimble as possible.   ;)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

fragger

Same here :-() All I need is something to push my view around and shoot with - if it does that I'm happy. It's the original HP 2-button/one wheel laser mouse and keyboard that came with the computer, which I've had for about four years. What I go through mostly are mouse mats. I have that acidic skin that tarnishes metal and discolours anything I handle a lot, and it wreaks havoc on mouse mats. After a while the edges of the mat curl up or the top comes unstuck from the base, necessitating a replacement. Or the edge where my hand rests simply becomes discoloured and yucky-looking. Sometimes I think if I dripped blood on the floor it would eat right through it, like the monsters' in the Alien movies :-\\

So no, nothing flashy in use here.

JRD

I'm with fragger and mandru, cheap stuff all the way.

I have the same microsoft laser track, two buttons and wheel mouse that I got with my PC years ago. The keyboard is an ordinary one too, don't even know the brand. No fancy stuff whatsoever. If I can steer, aim and shoot with those, then that's all I need.  >:D

My wife bought me a Sgt Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club band mouse pad when she was in Argentina a couple months ago. It's a normal pad too, except for the image on it, which makes it very special to me.  ;D

To be honest I never tried anything different and I don't think it would feel much better in the end, but that's just me.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Binnatics

I've passed years without using a mousepad. I'm using this fancy new one because it came for free with my new mouse, otherwise I wouldn't even bother buying one. The good thing of this mousepad is that it's big, and very flat. I hate it when I get lost on the border of my mousepad.
Normally I just used my mouse on the wooden base of my desk, which works perfectly ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

nexor

[smg id=4087]
The first "Mouse"

Imagine playing FC2 with this one    :-D  Found this bit of info on IE when I started up this morning
Spoiler
Microsoft released their first mouse for the IBM Personal Computer way back in 1983 (w@&k began a year earlier when Microsoft Hardware set about designing a mouse for use with Microsoft Word). It was nicknamed the 'Green Eye Mouse' - the name derives from the protruding buttons which look like little green eyes. Unlike the rubber-balled mouse of later years, this early version glided on 3 small steel balls and a larger steel ball helped to pinpoint its position.

fragger

:-D

Doesn't look very ergonomic, does it? More like a good RSI inducer :-\\

Didn't Apple invent the mouse originally?

nexor

[smg id=4089]

They say this was the first mouse      ???

An article published by Computer Hope

Spoiler
The computer mouse as we know it today was invented and developed by Douglas Englebart during the 60's and was patented on November 17, 1970. While creating the mouse, Douglas was working at the Stanford Research Institute, a think tank sponsored by Stanford University, and originally referred to the mouse as a "X-Y Position Indicator for a Display System." This mouse was first used with the Xerox Alto computer system in 1973. However, because of its lack of success the first widely used mouse is credited to being the mouse found on the Apple Lisa computer. Today, the mouse is now found and used on every computer.
The picture was taken by Maracin Wichary at the New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science, and is an example of what the first computer mouse looked like. As can be seen by the picture, the mouse was much larger than today's mouse, square, and had a small button in the top right corner.

Binnatics

Cool to see these antique products! I might have had one of these in my hand back in 1984 or something. I remember at that age (I must have been 7 or 8) my uncle had one of hte first personal computers (I guess it was an IBM) at home. He was one of the first computer nerds and had the best of the best for that moment. He let me draw a picture on his computer with that 'weird device'. I still remember what I drew; a dinosaur. As a kid I loved dinosaurs ^-^

By the way, these old fashioned PC devices remind me of the incredible amount of different connectors we've known through the past few decades. I remember connectors with an enormous amount of pins, either rectangular, round or trapezoid formed. Anyone ever wondered why they kept changing the connectors??!! Long live the USB ^-^
But oh, crap, now they introduced HDMI :-\\

PZ

Tags:
🡱 🡳