Screencap quiz: where is this?

Started by PZ, October 20, 2011, 09:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Stryker7

My answer,

I edited so that others can answer without seeing my answer.

Spoiler
Ridge just east of the Bowa Seko airport, Rock outcrop where your right hand is, there is usually a merc with a rocket launcher, or is it an RPG ? I forget, but it does go boom.

PZ

Spoiler
Close - the opposite side - the RPG guy is across the airport from where I am.  I used the high jump to get to this normally unaccessible site.

Stryker7

Quote from: PZ on October 20, 2011, 10:35:37 PM
Spoiler
Close - the opposite side - the RPG guy is across the airport from where I am.  I used the high jump to get to this normally unaccessible site.

Yep, I should have noticed the sniper tower to the right and the house/ building with the ammo dump to the left.

fragger

I guessed correctly (verified with the spoilers) but it took a moment. I kept thinking, "It looks like the ******** but something's not right..." I've never seen it from that angle before, good one :-X

PZ

I'm now methodically working my way through each area looking for new sniper vantage points - screencap quizzes will be from unusual locations  :-()

Art Blade

I'm surprised how easy it is (for me) to recognise the spots you depict in your quizzes as long as buildings are involved. Unusual positions don't distract me. But I know I failed miserably when you posted pics asking where that tree was or some such  :laugh:
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Yes indeed - the buildings tend to give it away to veteran FC2 players - the only real difference is the vantage point.  :-()

Art Blade

for a moment I thought you were going to say "vintage"  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

:cheesy: was going to... didn't think I had to

Stryker7

Quote from: PZ on October 22, 2011, 01:08:15 PM
Yes indeed - the buildings tend to give it away to veteran FC2 players - the only real difference is the vantage point.  :-()

Yep, the vantage point got me. I should have enlarged the picture and really studied it  before answering.  :)     

PZ

That's one of the fun things about playing modded SP - you have new places from which to attack areas, and post screencaps.  :-()

TheStranger

Hmm I think I have to adjust my jump height too. Was very annoying yesterda when I couldn't reach the diamond case north of Shaswana on top of the old bus. I mean they are mercs and can't climb a bus with the help of a crate in front?

Art Blade

PZ

Ahhh.... nothing like an early morning drive to clear one's mind...
[smg id=4105 align=center]

PZ

This man has a foul mouth
[smg id=4108 align=center]

I love the smell of napalm in the morning
[smg id=4109 align=center]

mandru

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

fragger

Cool pics :-X

You know, I've never been up to that hang glider in the last pic? Ostensibly it's used to get to a diamond case which is sort of nearby but you actually don't need it to get there, so I've never bothered going up to the glider.

Cheers PZ, I have somewhere new to check out now :-D

mandru

After killing the DJ and blowing up the radio tower that hillside opposite showing in PZ's glider screenshot allows the quickest rout back to the GP to meet back up with your BB for their rescue.  I know that the action waits for you to get there before it starts but I like to race to save my buddy as if getting there quickly really matters.  ;)

I will often park my GLAT so that it's ready to race up that shortcut to complete the mission and after wiping out all the mercs in Weelegol village use the buggy down on the South side of the village to drive up to the radio shack to take care of business and then back to where I've left the GLAT.  I'll need to see if the buggy can reach the glider which should make for an interesting side trip to get back to where I've parked the GLAT.

- mandru

PZ

I use the same technique mandru uses with the glider on that mission.  Typically I like to hit Weelegol from the high ledge where the mercs don't get much of a chance to hit me, especially with flamethrowers  :-()

It is fun to fly over the village, but you had better cleared out the place first else a face plant in in your near future.

PZ

This one is kind of easy for you FC2 experts.

[smg id=4120 align=center]
[smg id=4121 align=center]

mandru

- mandru

Art Blade

fragger

8) :-X

I never thought of using the glider to exfil ::)

Cool, a new thing to try next time I'm in :)

nexor

My goal is to land on the back of the patrol jeep with the mercs when they drive away from Weelagol    >:D

Tags:
🡱 🡳