why is FC2 water dirty?

Started by Art Blade, April 16, 2009, 04:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

[smg id=90]

Ok, mercs taking a leak cause the look of the water. I'm not going for a swim there any longer  :D

Picture taken near / below the Rail Xing
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Man, I'm quitting swimming altogether!   ;D

JRD

Maybe the obvious answer would be
- Because devs decided not to spend time / money doing the art of river bottoms like in Crysis!
But I prefer to think that rivers are muddy because they flow through jungles and are always carrying sediments and organic matter ;)
I've seen cristal clear river waters like in Crysis only once... inland Brazil, in a place called "Bonito" (which means "beautyfull"). I coul actually see the river bed... no kidding!!
Every other river I've seen has dark waters, so I like to think aout FC2's muddy waters as realistic ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

I've seen crystal clear water in a dried out river bed, where only small lakes remained. It was in Sardinia (an Isle in Europe, roughly about Italy and Greek). And some lakes in the mountains. But indeed, I think the water does look realistic in FC2. But hey, let's have some fun, have you ever met a merc doing THAT (and survived)??
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

The only time was when I wanted to get through a GP at night and didn't want to disturb their beauty sleep...   a short walk to the edge of the area, and a satisfied grunt... ad then back to bed...

spaceboy

Quote from: JRD on April 16, 2009, 04:29:24 PM
Every other river I've seen has dark waters, so I like to think aout FC2's muddy waters as realistic ;)

JRD, they are realistic, and they have piss in them.  But, as I learned when my son was born, urine is actually sterile no problems even for open wounds -you know which one I'm referring to...ouch :o   So don't worry about swimming, but I do recommend closing your mouth  :-\
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

Quote from: spaceboy on April 16, 2009, 04:44:06 PMthey are realistic, and they have piss in them.

LMAO  :D

That was a crisp statement, brilliant (still chuckling here)

Dweller_Benthos

Here in upstate NY, the deep rivers like the lower Hudson are clear enough to see the bottom near shore, but the water's too deep to see the bottom out in the middle. But the upper Hudson in the Adirondacks is quite clear (also shallower) and quite nice to swim in, I do it all the time.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

retiredgord

The rivers and streams in and around South Ontario can get pretty ugly looking after rains or ice melt also. Lots of fields that give up dirt that get washed into the river.  At least those rivers look warm enough to swim in. Here it's sometimes mid July to Aug before it 's reasonable. Our clear streams usually are rocky bottoms. The lakes can be clear but that may change in days.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

PZ

The mountains, lakes and rivers in northern Idaho are still somewhat unspoiled (except the ones that were close to mining areas at the close of the century).  Part of the reason that things are nice here is that there are still more cattle than people in Idaho.  (People tend to spoil things...)

Ricamundo

Funny thing about that greenish hued water, on more than 1 occasion, when driving overland @ night, i've driven my jeep right into a lake. ::) :D
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

RedRaven

its only dirty from the outside
have posted a screen shot in gallery place, and i kid ye not, the car is at the bottom of lake thing outside mikes.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Tags:
🡱 🡳