Ok, the game is amazing... but driving sucks!

Started by JRD, October 08, 2011, 04:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

Flying, on the other hand, is very smooth.  ;D

I've been doing all kinds of missions before moving to the next agency mission as I want to enjoy as much as I can before moving on to the next level. Races are among those missions... man, does driving sucks or what in that game ?  ???? There's not a single land vehicle that handle smoothly... it seems there's something really, really wrong with any kind of car, truck, bike or whatever moves over solid ground.  :D

I'm so glad you can easily fly or be extracted to any location in JC2 as I don't have to suffer to go from one place to another. Just now I was near the commercial district and wanted to go to the airport to get a mission there. It's quite close so I decided to drive instead of hijacking any flying vehicle or getting extracted to there... what a painful task...  :D Cars can't do turns and if you slightly touch another car of wall you will loose control and end up upside down... bikes? Ha... bikes are way wrose than cars... it impossible to ride bikes in JC2........ I got killed riding bikes more times than fighting military troops so far...  :D

They could learn a trick or three with Rockstar before coding Just Cuase 3...  8)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

spaceboy

the driving is pretty wonky, but if you get the hang of it (subtle, subtle movements for steering my friend) then it's tons of fun because of so much open roads to cruise.  But I agree the flying is bliss.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

I agree about the driving, but for me it is only the PC that causes me the problems as in any driving game.  Driving is actually not bad at all on the PS3.

On the PC I made driving w@&k for me by doing many small taps in any one direction instead of holding the key down - that seemed to make it easier to control, for me at least.

deadman1

I always use a controller for driving as a mouse and keyboard doesn´t give you that fine control you need, and I actually prefer the bikes to the cars  :)

Art Blade

I don't have that problem despite being on a PC and driving with mouse and keyboard. It is wonky, but hey, most games are when it comes to driving with a keyboard. The "good" games (RaceDriver:Grid etc) allow real hardware (wheel, pedals, gear shifter) to make analogue driving possible and a pleasure. Anything else, like JC2 and FC2.. I just try to get used to it since I can't change it :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Driving in FC2 is a bit wonky but at least I can control all vehicles, but in JC2 it's very hard - and annoying - because of the all-or-nothing thingy in keyboards.

I realised that the problem is how fast you get with some vehicles. When doing races, at least the easy ones, I can reach the finish line with over a minute of time left so I just don't run... driving in moderate speeds makes it much easier.

Another thing that is quite hard for me is that I always have breakes mapped to spacebar but in JC2 the parachute is mapped to spacebar and I don't want to change it, so breaking is a bit wonky to me...  :-\\

Anyway, driving so far is not so much needed so I can live with that. I just hope I don't get too many missions where driving at high speed, against the clovk and in crappy-handling vehicles is required  ????
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Fiach

Best accesory I ever bought for my PC was a 360 controller, it made certain games that I found totally unplayable with a M/KB, a joy to play with the gamepad. :)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Tags:
🡱 🡳