How to change your reputation settings

Started by PZ, October 04, 2011, 11:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

In gamemodesconfig.xml look for the <Infamy> section and make your changes.  Here you can see how your reputation level of 75 at the end of Act 1 is changed down to 28 at the beginning of Act 2.

<Infamy>
<Acts>
<Act startlevel="0"  maxlevel="75"/>     <!-- Act 1 -->
<Act startlevel="28" maxlevel="116"/>     <!-- Act 2 -->
<Act startlevel="65" maxlevel="175"/>     <!-- Act 3 -->
</Acts>

Art Blade

I want to start with level 175 at the beginning of Act1 and listen to the mercs in Pala when they see me approach.  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I discovered that they still talk smack, but that they back away rather than hit me in the shoulder  :-()

PZ

I was at reputation level 2 in Leboa, and early in the game (27%) achieved the .50 cal ATP at my safe house.  Later, while still on reputation level 2, I moved to Act II, and when completing the barge mission, a message appeared indicating that I was now at reputation level 5.

Interestingly, one of the mercs in Mosate Selao told me that he didn't want any trouble, however he demonstrated unmitigated gall when he shoved me!  The nerve of that guy - without thinking about the consequences, my 6P9 barked out it's displeasure, so naturally I had to retreat due to the misbehavior of that moody weapon.

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

OWGKID

I edited the reputation bonuses in the mission section in gamemodesconfig.xml :-() Currently, my rep is on lvl 3 from the start  :-D  :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
LEGACY

Art Blade

I've played with rep 5 almost from start but didn't notice any difference. From what I observed, the respect you get does not depend on the rep level you see but the rep level you earn over time during the game. The level 5 reactions that can be observed towards the end of the game are definitely a lot different from what you see when you start the game at level 5.

OWGKID

I had those reactions from the beginning. I started a new save so that could be the cause :-D
LEGACY

Tags:
🡱 🡳