Changing weapon slots

Started by PZ, October 03, 2011, 09:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Has anyone figured out how to change weapon slots?  I tried changing the single entry in gamemodesconfig.xml, but it did not change anything in-game.  There are many object names that contain the word "primary" (or other types), for instance m17.primary.variable.  It might be possible to change these to effect changes in the game.

Art Blade

Sorry.. Haven't had time to tinker with that.. you'd either need to find out yourself or wait some more  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Stryker7

I havent even gotten the bootstrap from gibbed installed yet, but am about to.

As soon as I get FC2 backed up. install Gibbed's tools, and extract the files, I am going to take a look.

One of my favorite mods for S.T.A.L.K.E.R., has been using the MP5 or a sawn off shotgun as a side-arm ( pistol slot ), instead of a primary weapon.

The biggest difficulty in that mod, was getting the MP5 or SO-shotgun, to display in the GUI inventory menues. It would w@&k with just changing the weapons parameters, but would cause a CTD whenever you attempted to open a trade dialog or loot dialog, which made it unusable.

Let me get this stuff setup and extracted, and I will see if I can help.

As a side note, I am so happy. Like a puppy with 2 peckers.

Art Blade

??? Almost too easy, lol  :laugh:

Thanks for sharing, mate :) and a kudos +1  :-X :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Indeed - excellent find  :-X  In fact, so it doesn't become lost among all the posts, I put it as a featured article in the Knowledge base  Here's the direct link.  ;)

Kudos from me as well!

TheFishlord

Yep, that's it. Just be sure to change the title of the weapon to whatever slot you prefer, as well. I noticed this a while ago but never tried it out, never saw the need - does it w@&k?

PZ

Works like a charm - now my load out is:

• Primary: AR-16
  • Secondary: 6P9
  • Special: AS50

Knightmare

Excellent!  Now I have the MGL140 in the special slot, where it's most useful.  It's kind of a difficult loadout to have the used one found in the safehouse in east Leboa as a primary weapon early in the game with only a pistol as a secondary.

:-X

Art Blade

TheStranger

Great find!

The best thing would be if you could just pick up three weapons and there would be no classes, but I don't think this could be in any way possible.

Hedberger

I really need some help with this. I've been trying and experimenting with this for 2-3 days now could someone upload or email me a patch.dat were I can use the mp5sd, m-16 or FAL in the fourth slot?

Art Blade

sorry, can't help there. But I do advise against handing out e-mail addresses to people you don't know (regards both sides)

OWGKID

Out of curiosity: What happens if you set all weapon slots to the same number?  ???
LEGACY

Art Blade

Well.. look at it this way: Your pistol goes into whatever slot, say slot one. No other weapon can be equipped in that slot, for instance no sniper rifle. Now if you mod the sniper rifle and every weapons there are to slot one.. they'll all fit into that one slot but nowhere else.

So the answer would be: you  could use any one weapon in that one slot, the other slots would remain empty because you wouldn't have weapons that fit anymore. That would be if weapons were modded to one slot.

I guess that it goes the other way round, too, like only the pistols can fit in any of the four slots, so you could run around with 4 pistols but no other weapons.

Binnatics

Set all slots to number one though, and you may be able to equip any weapon in any slot ^-^
But maybe the programmer's logic won't except four slots with the same number. You should try it, and see what happens ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Ziggy's mod made it possible to add any weapon anywhere, I actually ran around with 4 pistols once. I think the properties of all weapons need to range from 1 to 4 (slots) and the slots need to range from 1 to 4 (weapon types) so anything may go anywhere.

Edit: ^ FC3

PZ

I believe AB is correct in his assumptions regarding FC2.  The weapons are assigned slots and can then only equip in that particular slot.  For instance, the AS50 was assigned to the primary slot, but I wanted the M4 in that slot, so I changed the AS50 to the special weapon slot.

OWGKID

I haven't bothered to play Far Cry 2 so I will look in to it. I could set the number blank and see what happens.
LEGACY

PZ

Quote from: GKID7891 on December 30, 2014, 02:00:31 PM
... I could set the number blank and see what happens.

That's an interesting idea - weapon function might disappear altogether.  Might be fun roaming Africa with no one having weapons other than machete and mounted weapons.  >:D

wobatt

Removing this line makes the weapon appear in the machete slot, but doesn't replace the machete, so you can hold more than 4 weapons at once  >:D

You can press the machete key more than once to cycle through these extra weapons.

OWGKID

Nice find  :-X Now I can make myself a walking armoury  :laugh:  >:D
LEGACY

Art Blade

wobatt mate, bloody hell, that is a cool information  :laugh:

yet another useful find. Keep them coming  :-()

wobatt

I've been looking at how other released mods w@&k, and this little gem was in the Jackal mod.

I have the flare pistol as an extra weapon, because I like fire  >:D

Art Blade

nexor

Quote from: wobatt on December 31, 2014, 06:31:23 AM
I have the flare pistol as an extra weapon, because I like fire  >:D

You and Art will get along very well, he can't liberate a post without burning it down to the ground  ::)  :-D

Tags:
🡱 🡳