Hunted : The Demons Forge

Started by Fiach, September 30, 2011, 10:12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiach

I thought I had posted something on this before, but I cant see it listed so forgive me if I have repeated a thread.

I originally owned this on the 360, my first play of the game left me feeling rather disappointed, so I traded it in for something else, I kinda forgot about it until I saw it for sale in a shop for a fiver (PC), so I figured I'd take a punt and see what it was like on PC (on 360 is was FUGLY!),

So far I have played about halfway through and I must say it is much more enjoyable on PC, the gfx are marginally better, but I dunno, because you are closer to the screen, it feels like you are closer to the action, so I feel more involved in this iteration of the game.

Demons Forge may look like a hack n slash RPG, but truth be told, this is a Third Person Shooter with vague rpg leanings.

You can play one of two characters (or CoOp with both), Elana and Caddoc, two mercereries conned by a certain person into touching a magic death stone.... "It's called a Deathstone, theres a dead body beside it and you want me to lift it up?".... asides like this give an idea of the wry humour that runs through the game.

As you play, you collect crystals, which you use to upgrade a rather limited set of skills for each character, They can both use Bows and Swords, but Elana leans more to Bows and Caddoc to Swords and Axes. The skills are complimentary, eg Caddoc can lift up a group of enemies into the air, so Elana can shoot the beejeesus out of them, Elana can break shields with her skills making Caddocs melee easier, or she can freeze enemies, or just plain blow them to kingdom come with explosive arrows. They each have their own set of magic skills, giving a significant variety of playstyles to use.

The game is mostly spent in dungeons, but periodically they have battles on the surface as well. There are minor puzzles to be circumvented and most dungeons have secret areas that you will need to find, usually involving a couple of puzzles to be solved, with a decent enough reward at the end to make them worthwhile, they are always an interesting diversion from the main quest and definately add to the atmosphere of the game

Anyway, a nice romp, the action is always fast paced but never frenetic, just good fun..

Hunted - The Demon's Forge : Gameplay

Fiach : Playing games with hot chicks in them, so you dont have to.
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

Quote from: Fiach on September 30, 2011, 10:12:23 AMI thought I had posted something on this before, but I cant see it listed so forgive me if I have repeated a thread.

Couldn't find it either so I added it to the "other games" list.  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

Quote from: Art Blade on October 01, 2011, 11:21:16 AM
Quote from: Fiach on September 30, 2011, 10:12:23 AMI thought I had posted something on this before, but I cant see it listed so forgive me if I have repeated a thread.

Couldn't find it either so I added it to the "other games" list.  :)

Cheers mate :)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

Very welcome, mate :)

To that list I usually add all new topics about games that haven't been discussed previously. I may have missed out on one or two, but if you or anyone else notices "a missing link"  :-() just please let me know and I'll add it  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳