News about PC version delay

Started by JRD, September 26, 2011, 07:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Binnatics

I was reading some of the comments as well. Funny, people complaining about the GfWL, suggesting that this caused the delay.
I don't think so. I agree that GfWL isn't quite good and fully functional, but for a game like Batman you don't need it accept for registering. They don't create MP, so why bother about GfWL.
I can't really understand that creating the game for PC will take somehow more time, but there might have come up something, in the communication with an operating system. That sounds logical.
That means they're gonna release the PC version bug-free, or at least try to. Which is good. ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

JRD

Quote from: Binnatics on September 27, 2011, 03:12:29 PM
That means they're gonna release the PC version bug-free, or at least try to. Which is good. ^-^

To me it sounds like they are having problems porting the game to PC and they'll have to come up with a workaround overnight to meet a deadline already postponed  :D

As for GfWL, I can't comment on that sine the whole Latin America is not supported by them..... millions and millions of potential user left aside!!!  >:((  :D

Binnatics

Hey, wait a minute... Whole Latin America can't use GfWL? I'm quite positive I've met ppl from these countries competing in online games using GfWL. Did you ever try it? And how did you sign up for Batman AA without having access to GfWL?

Anyway, you don't miss a thing. I liked it because I was achievement hunting. That's why I like it when a game comes out for GfWL. But besides, lots of MP through GfWL are crap. Bad lobby systems and lots of lagging. Only for GTA IV it worked fine, but they had their own community, connected with GfWL.

As for the game delay; You might be right. But since they allready have the experience with B:AA they should know what to do and how to etc.  :-\\
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

JRD

I tried to log on to GfWL a couple years ago and found out LA was not supported at that time. Maybe they changed things since then, who knows? I don`t do MP so I really didn`t care about it and even if its supported nowadays I wouldn`t bother joining in. I don`t remember anything related to GfWL for B:AA. I use the STEAM version and it has the STEAM play or any other way to go online but I never tried so I`m pretty sure GfWL is not required to play B:AA... maybe STEAM play can replace GfWL somehow but I dodn`t know.  ????

What worries me is trying to port a game from consoles and getting stuck to the point of delaying the PC version. They might downgrade the game somehow to meet the deadline... producers must play according to a contract, which means they usually have to make some concessions in order to deliver a product in time or get charged for the delay.  :-(

Binnatics

Binnatics

What the f*** ????

The game is released 2 moths ago, I had to wait because my system was lagging. No I have set up my rig, all high end sh** and I want to run the game for the first time. On DX11 of course since that's what makes the PC version so damn attractive. Guess what? I have an average FPS of 12!!! :o :D :D :D

Right after release the devs claimed to be working on a solution to the issue that gamers have with the DX11 version. Until now; NOTHING!! What they DID do was releasing DLC's through steam, butr a proper fix, nothing >:(( >:(( >:((

Why the H*** did they delay the game for a month while they didn't even check a simple thing like "Does the game run well with DX11 enabled?" As far as I can find out there's only one gamer so far not having issues with the DX11 game: He runs a super overclocked system with CPU @ 4.3Ghz and pimped GPU. This is incredible.  >:(( >:(( >:((

I'm beginning to think more and more about wht you just said in another topic, Fiach, about never ever buying PC games anymore. Point is: I just invested a truckload of money to get my high end DX11 compatible system working. :D :D :D >:(( :angry-new: :D

...2 months and they didn't fix a thing... Grmblblmmrrglglmbrmmmm.... f@#k 'um

PZ

Quote from: Binnatics on January 06, 2012, 02:21:37 PM
... What they DID do was releasing DLC's through steam, butr a proper fix, nothing >:(( >:(( >:((

DLC makes more money; fixing problems costs more money.  For them the choice is simple, and about the bad public relations - they don't care.  There will always be someone else to purchase their product.

Sorry to hear about your problem - these things are infuriating.  I evidently have a bad attitude - some of my colleagues call me a CAVE dweller

Spoiler
CAVE= Citizens Against Virtually Everything.

Fiach

I feel your pain mate, at least my PC is pretty cheap n cheerful compared to what you did, Mine was about 400€, but it can play what I want it to play and I use consoles more anyway.

LOL at CAVE! :)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

PZ

Quote from: Fiach on January 06, 2012, 03:16:27 PM
LOL at CAVE! :)

When I told my son about the name, he quickly responded: "No dad, your a dweller who lives in CAVES"

Spoiler
CAVES = Citizens Against Virtually Everything Stupid

I found that particularly amusing and very appropriate, although my colleagues did not.  Fortunately they cannot do anything about what I say and/or do.  :-()

Binnatics

LOL at CAVE too!!! :)

I was fetching myself some food in the kitchen and thinking over my recent post here, and I thought to myself "oh god, I'm bitchin' again about games. Don't want to be the guy that's always complaining about everything here at OWG. Don't want to be a CAVE dweller actually. Just wanted to blow off some steam I guess.
Anyway, I tested the game with DX9 and it's working fine. So I'll start to enjoy it tomorrow, and unless I don't get to enjoy the great graphics as promised, I can still have a good time with it. I know I will because the game is good, period!

So sorry for whining again, I'll shut up  :angel:

Binnatics

and  :-X :-X at CAVES too!!! ^-^ ^-^

Fiach

Quote from: Binnatics on January 06, 2012, 03:45:47 PM

I thought to myself "oh god, I'm bitchin' again about games. Don't want to be the guy that's always complaining about everything here at OWG. Don't want to be a CAVE dweller actually. Just wanted to blow off some steam I guess.
So sorry for whining again, I'll shut up  :angel:

Erm.... thats my job, sod off and get yer own job  >:D :-D
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Binnatics

I liked bitching about Rage together with you. It was like a contest, who's bitchin was better :-D

Anyway, I'm desperately in need of some positive vibes when it comes to gaming, so I don't think I'll interfere with your occupation again soon ^-^

Art Blade

...  8-X

LOL @  CAVE(s) dweller  :laugh:
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: Binnatics on January 06, 2012, 03:45:47 PM
... Don't want to be the guy that's always complaining about everything here at OWG. Don't want to be a CAVE dweller actually. Just wanted to blow off some steam I guess...

No worries, Binn - we're all friends here and I personally do not interpret your postings as anything but a fellow gamer that is a bit annoyed at the failings in the games that we like to play.

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Thanx, I can always count on you guys!!  :-X

I love OWG!! :)

JRD

It's really crap that you can't play it with DX11... I really would like to know what you think of it.

Here's what I gathered at youtube

Batman Arkham City: DX11 Tessellation Comparison

Batman Arkham City : DX 9 Vs DX 11 Comparison Max Settings GTX 570 sli

Binnatics

I must say, looking at that vid (the lowest of both) I don't see much difference. And I see the lagging during what they show of the benchmark video. When I was watching that benchmark tool at DX11 it looked like watching in slow motion, and besides, with fps somewhere between 5 (!) and 32 it looked like a slideshow of pictures.
There's definitely something wrong with the software, since I've experienced DX11 with my much slower old rig playing Dirt 3, which was marvellous btw.

Anyway, I do hope they fix the game so that we can get a descent shot at what DX11 is like in Arkham city. But for now, gonna enjoy the game at DX9.  ^-^

Art Blade

That so much reminds me of Crysis. DX10 almost unplayable when released, and years later when the hardware was developed enough to cope with that (meanwhile dusty) game the difference was kind of disillusioning. Not a big deal.

JRD

Yeah, I noticed the lagging too... bummer...  :D

I didn't see much difference in textures too. I guess DX11 will make a difference in lighting effects and some other effects like moving objects in scenarios like curtains, flying pieces of paper in the streets... I can live with DX9 with no problems  ;D

PZ

Personally, I'd rather have smooth, fluid game play than glitzy effects with stutter.  It's too bad the developers (or Microsoft, whomever is to blame) can't get their software working as advertised.

Tags:
🡱 🡳