Problems...

Started by nexor, September 05, 2011, 08:50:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nexor

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3421214&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

this link only takes me to some page where you must register,  where do I find the thread?

I also downloaded the patch, what do I do with it, replace the one allready installed   ????? my head is too round for all this stuff       :D

Art Blade

I just checked the link myself, I can't get in any more, either, neither can PZ, so I reckon they recently locked it away. The thread wasn't useful, nexor, that's why we started this topic and article (see top of this page).

The patch (Steam's special FC2 patch1.03) is required if you don't have a steam version of FC2. The patch files are

patch.fat
patch.dat

So you cannot tell whether it is a mod, a retail patch or the steam patch. In case you're using the windows explorer, make sure to show all extensions so you can see the ".dat" and ".fat" extensions. I renamed my retail patch files to:

patch.orifat
patch.oridat

Now place the steam patch into your FC2 "Data_Win32" folder.

You should have four patch files now. Two renamed originals and two steam patch files. These are only needed for the first time you run the tool. After that you'll create new (mod) patch.dat/patch.fat files so you should rename your steam patch files before placing your mod. Then you'd have six patch files of which only two should be active (your mod) and called like the vanilla files: patch.fat and patch.dat

After that, every change you make in your mod will create new patch.fat and patch.dat files, to be found in your modding folder. You need to either move or copy them to the FC2\Data_Win32 folder in order to w%&k.

Fire up FC2 and you should be playing with your mod :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nexor

Thanks, will give it a go

Tags:
🡱 🡳