Modifying jump height

Started by Art Blade, September 04, 2011, 08:00:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

By the way, you can mod the jump height in player.xml right were you mod the walk and swim speed :)

<value name="fJumpHeight" type="Float">5</value>

makes you jump on top of huts and houses and jump across a street.. probably "5" is 5 metres/yards and is already superhuman  ;)

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

That's cool - would fix JRD's complaint (and a valid one at that) of not being able to hop over small rocks.  This should also get us onto ledges, etc., that were formerly difficult to reach.

Art Blade

And you can easily reach diamonds now..  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Yes!  Hadn't thought of that yet because I rarely tried for any of the diamonds except the most easily reached.  Now I can get that diamond on top of the rail car in PetroSahel for the very first time.  :-()

Art Blade

^-^

Modding walking speed combined with jumping height adds an enormous amount of freedom and agility. To fall back to normal all you need to do is crouch. Crouching still is slow (unless you mod that) and helps manoeuvre in tight areas and it still is stealthy.  :)

PZ

very nice - I can see that I might develop several patch files each tweaking the game in a slightly different way so it will be possible to enjoy FC2 in ways I have not before.

This whole modding thing is great - FC2 is still my favorite game, and while I might play others on occasion, I still return to Africa time and again.  Being able to change the environment will greatly extend game play for me.

:-X

Art Blade

Same, and indeed I have resumed playing FC2, from scratch (another playthrough) with mods on  :-D :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳