Deactivating auro-reload

Started by TheStranger, September 04, 2011, 05:06:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheStranger

Hmm I don't know how to deactivate the autoreload of the weapons. The Carl G as an exception doesn't autoreload by standard, so what's easier than to take a look in the weaponsproperties.xml? Carl G has:
Spoiler
You'll find it under: Special.Carl_Gustaf.Multi
Here you have these entries:
  <value name="hidConstEntity" type="Bool">False</value>
      <object type="Components">
        <object type="CWeaponProperties">
          <value name="hidHasAliasName" type="Bool">False</value>
          <object type="CommonProperties">
            <value name="sName" type="String">carl_gustaf</value>
            <value name="sDisplayName" type="String">Carl G</value>
            <value name="fReloadTime" type="Float">0</value>
            <value name="bAutoReload" type="Bool">False</value>
            <value name="bIsSilent" type="Bool">False</value>
            <value name="bVisibleHolstered" type="Bool">True</value>
            <value name="bEmitLight" type="Bool">True</value>
            <value name="selReloadType" type="UInt32">0</value>
            <value name="selWeaponClass" type="UInt32">7</value>
            <value name="selFireStrategy" type="UInt32">4</value>
            <value name="selReticleType" type="UInt32">0</value>
            <value name="crosshairMagmaAreaName" type="String"></value>
            <value name="iBaseAccuracyLevel" type="UInt32">1</value>
            <value name="fRange" type="Float">100</value>
            <value name="vectorEffectiveRange" type="Vector2">

So I set the values for the Uzi to bAutoReload=True; the fRealoadTime and selReloadType, were both set to 0 by standard, so there was also no chance to change that to w@&k.

Uzi still autoreloads...any hints?

Art Blade

I tried it in the gamemodesconfig without success. No idea, really  :-\\
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

TheStranger

Hmm it also doesn't w@&k if I change the displayname of a weapon  :-\\

gibbed

Ensure that you are modifying the right Uzi -- there are generally two copies of a weapon in WeaponProperties, one for singleplayer, one in multiplayer.

The default WeaponProperties from a base 1.03 patch will only include multiplayer weapons (balance tweaks!)

<value name="hidName" type="String">WeaponProperties.Secondary.Uzi.Multi</value>

See the ".Multi"?

So, to modify a singleplayer weapon, what you'll need to do is find the entry in libraries\world1\41_WeaponProperties.xml

Try searching for: <value name="hidName" type="String">WeaponProperties.Secondary.Uzi</value>

Then you'll want to copy and paste from the: <object hash="256A1FF9">
To the matching: </object>
(watch indentation levels)

Once you have it copied, simply paste this entry at the end of mymod\patch\21_WeaponProperties.xml before the last </object>

Then modify this data as you wish.

Alternatively, if you don't care about weapon property fixes in multiplayer you could copy the WeaponProperties file from World1 wholesale over the mymod one.

Art Blade

Lo and behold, there he is!  :-()

Gibbed, mate, the first post of yours on these very boards of OWG that I've laid my own eyes on, so I'd just welcome you right here. I even heard that you've arrived before actually seeing one of your posts. Hehe :) Good to have you around, glad you made it  :-() Kudos +1 for that alone and of course, your FC2 modding tools have been a source of joy and pleasure already.  :-D

See you around :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

TheStranger

Oh man, didn't see this thread till now.

Thank you gibbed for the guide, but when I copy it before the last </object> and save the file I get an error when I run build patch. Something that has to do with the object and the ending of the file.

When I copy the 41_weaponproperties and rename it 21_weaponprops ind the mypatch folder and modify the autoreload to False it doesn't w@&k ingame still autoreload. Hmmm I think I'm doing something wrong.

gibbed

Did you obtain a new copy of the gun from somewhere, such as a store? autoreload is probably set on a per-gun basis (as in instance), so you'd probably need to get a new copy of the gun before it'll take effect.

TheStranger

Thx. No didn't do that. I will try it tomorrow - it can't be so difficult. :)

TheStranger

It works!!!

But I didn't need to obtain new weapons.

I just did the following:

I copied the 41_weaponproperties to mypatch/patch and renamed it to 21_weaponproperties (and moved the existing one into antoher folder before). Then I just changed the autoreload values from True to False. :)

Hmm maybe it didn't w%&k the first time, because I edited the crossbow and now I tried it with the Makarov.

edit: Yep doesn't w@&k for the DLC weapons, don't know why. And it works for the other weapons. You can also set if the mercs can autoreload although I didn't change that because it would make no difference.

There are also some weapons of which I don't know exactly what they are for e.g. for the Dragunov you have beside the primary and multi-"values":

Primary.Dragunov.AI
Primary.Dragunov.Dragunov_Merc
Primary.Dragunov.Mikes_Rusty
Primary.Dragunov.Persistent

These different "weapon-values" are only for some weapons e.g. there is (besides the primary and multi) only persistent AS50 "value".

Art Blade

Interesting finds :) When I find some time I'll take a look :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳