Changing walking and swimming speed

Started by Art Blade, August 31, 2011, 09:36:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

no idea but since it's always set to 0 I assume that it belongs to a feature that never made it into the game. There are more of those entries that don't exist in the game.

However, I found one easy solution for many problems:

Speed.

If we can't seem to change vehicle speeds,
if we are in danger but can't get away quickly enough,
if we want to travel far across the map,
if we want to lose pursuers,
if running isn't fast enough and on top exhausts you..

5) change the walking and swimming speed.  ^+-+

Inside the player.xml replace all instances (there are many and have different values) with this:

<value name="fWalkingMaxSpeed" type="Float">15</value>
            <value name="fWalkingMaxSpeedCrouch" type="Float">2.5</value>
            <value name="fWalkingAcceleration" type="Float">30</value>
            <value name="fWalkingDeceleration" type="Float">30</value>
            <value name="archSprintCurve" type="String">Curves.Locomotion.Sprint</value>
            <value name="fSprintingDeceleration" type="Float">20</value>
            <value name="fClimbSpeed" type="Float">1.4</value>
            <value name="fSwimmingMinDepth" type="Float">1.56</value>
            <value name="fSwimmingMaxSpeed" type="Float">15</value>

The effect is that walking, your default way of moving, is so fast that you can outrun ATPs let alone charging mercs. It looks like a decent sprint, footsteps are measured, you can even apply a syringe while walking (very fast).

If you want to move at normal speeds, simply crouch.  :-()

Man, now I don't need buses or cars, even boats are not as fast as I am when I swim. Blowing through a GP is a "walk" in the park now  ^+-+
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on August 31, 2011, 09:36:21 AM
Man, now I don't need buses or cars, even boats are not as fast as I am when I swim. Blowing through a GP is a "walk" in the park now  ^+-+

^+-+ :-X

Excellent post, Mr. Blade - even though I've not dived into the .xml myself, your instructions are detailed, exact, and will allow me to easily modify my files.

;)

Art Blade

Thank you, Mr. Z  :-D

I try to be as specific as needed to get things done even if you're not experienced. I added that tip to your article, slightly altered so it's even more comprehensible.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on August 31, 2011, 10:11:21 AM
... I added that tip to your article, slightly altered so it's even more comprehensible.
I'm glad that I didn't interfere with your edit this time!  ^+-+

Art Blade

Hehehe, while editing I was virtually feeling you sitting on my shoulder breathing down my neck. :-()

PZ

^+-+

Should we have your modded manuals post in the article?  ????

Art Blade

Oh.. yes. I forgot to put that in.. going to now.  :)

PZ

Excellent!  The article is looking really good to be used as a "manual" of sorts on how to configure the game to your liking.  Kudos, Mr. Blade  ;)

:-X

Art Blade

Art Blade

I added a link to this topic at the top of your article so someone who starts there may read this here, too. ;)

PZ

That certainly is handy - makes for easy single-click movement between article and topic.  :-X

Has either of you guys played any missions with a modded game?

TheStranger

Oh sure. I didn't even start a new game cause I was in Act 2 when I began to mod. I had not a single problem - you can even try different things without crashing the game or such things. Played side missions, buddy missions and main missions, works fantastic. But I only adjusted the weapon values, hit locations multiplier and the infamous healing animation. Unfortunately I didn't find any other things. On top of my wishlist is to deactivate the autoreload; as I said I set the values to false, but it didn't w@&k. And the other thing is to make the fire burn longer, but as you know the files are huge and confusing. :-\\

PZ

Sounds like you're having lots of fun, and it's really good news that it only affects game play in a positive way.  Although I haven't actually seen the .xml yet, I'm looking forward to a little coding exploration.

:-X

Art Blade

TheStranger, which files and locations did you edit? I'm asking because I think it's in the player.xml while you were probably using the gamemodesconfig.xml -- I haven't checked the autoreload myself yet, but that's what I'd do.

PZ, I too played a couple of missions (arms dealer, buddy) and had no side effects but a lot of fun  :-D

TheStranger

There are no autoreload values in the gamemodesconfig, so I edited the one in the player.xml and weaponproperties.xml.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on August 31, 2011, 04:49:58 PM
...PZ, I too played a couple of missions (arms dealer, buddy) and had no side effects but a lot of fun  :-D

Good to know you both had positive experiences  :-X

I can't wait to get into this, but have been too busy during the day, and too tired in the evening.  Besides, my sweetheart decided we needed a new television over the fireplace, and we've been watching that for the past few days in the evening.  The added bonus for me is that it is a 60-inch Sharp Quattron (the one with four colors instead of the usual 3).  The image is amazing in both color and size.

Naturally I'm planning to connect my PS3 to this new baby  >:D

Art Blade

Good that you mentioned that and told us which type as I plan to buy one of those myself and I saw one in a shop already. It did look good, indeed. Maybe I'll fetch one myself.  :) :-X Enjoy, it's a huge thing  :-()

PZ

You have to go at least look at the picture quality - the addition of the yellow brings a vibrant nature to the screen that I've never experienced before.  ;)

Tags:
🡱 🡳