How to mod FC2 graphics

Started by PZ, August 29, 2011, 02:34:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Yes, I believe it is well worthwhile - besides, if you keep backup copies of the patch files and/or anything deleted, everything should go well.

:-X ;)

I did a couple of searches, and found this tutorial and video on how to mod FC2

Link to tutorial in ubisoft forums

Here is a YouTube on how to mod the FC2 game graphics:

How to edit FarCry2 in-game graphics

Art Blade

Wow, got to check that out, nice find, PZ!  :) *Bing* slap on the back, old chap  :-()

By the way, we might be able to fix the Jackal Tape glitch. What happens is the same tape keeps playing over and over again, no matter how many tapes we find. That could mean a pointer is not set properly. Pointer, as in there is one large sound file and each tape we find is defined by a start and end point (timeline) on that sound file. When one of those start/end timers is off, the program might fall back to the last known correct pointer. If we point the program to the right spot on that file..

Here is what I found, see the start/end positions. Requires editing, creating a new mod, start the game, play a tape and.. wash, rinse and repeat..  ::) ;)

Spoiler
<JackalTapes>
<Tape title="A1JT00"  description="A1JT00_DESC" startSoundID="0x004ebecb" stopSoundID="0x004ebece" soundType="20" />
<Tape title="A1JT01"  description="A1JT01_DESC" startSoundID="0x004ebed3" stopSoundID="0x004ebed2" soundType="20" />
<Tape title="A1JT02"  description="A1JT02_DESC" startSoundID="0x004ebed4" stopSoundID="0x004ebed5" soundType="20" />
<Tape title="A1JT03"  description="A1JT03_DESC" startSoundID="0x004ebed7" stopSoundID="0x004ebed9" soundType="20" />
<Tape title="A1JT04"  description="A1JT04_DESC" startSoundID="0x004ebeda" stopSoundID="0x004ebedb" soundType="20" />
<Tape title="A1JT05"  description="A1JT05_DESC" startSoundID="0x004ebedf" stopSoundID="0x004ebede" soundType="20" />
<Tape title="A1JT06"  description="A1JT06_DESC" startSoundID="0x004ebee0" stopSoundID="0x004ebee1" soundType="20" />
<Tape title="A1JT07"  description="A1JT07_DESC" startSoundID="0x004ebee3" stopSoundID="0x004ebee4" soundType="20" />
<Tape title="A1JT08"  description="A1JT08_DESC" startSoundID="0x004ebee6" stopSoundID="0x004ebee7" soundType="20" />
<Tape title="A2JT09"  description="A2JT09_DESC" startSoundID="0x004ebee9" stopSoundID="0x004ebeea" soundType="20" />
<Tape title="A2JT10"  description="A2JT10_DESC" startSoundID="0x004ebeee" stopSoundID="0x004ebeed" soundType="20" />
<Tape title="A2JT11"  description="A2JT11_DESC" startSoundID="0x004ebef1" stopSoundID="0x004ebeef" soundType="20" />
<Tape title="A2JT12"  description="A2JT12_DESC" startSoundID="0x004ebef4" stopSoundID="0x004ebef3" soundType="20" />
<Tape title="A2JT13"  description="A2JT13_DESC" startSoundID="0x004ebef5" stopSoundID="0x004ebef6" soundType="20" />
<Tape title="A2JT14"  description="A2JT14_DESC" startSoundID="0x004ebef8" stopSoundID="0x004ebef9" soundType="20" />
<Tape title="A2JT15"  description="A2JT15_DESC" startSoundID="0x004ebefb" stopSoundID="0x004ebefc" soundType="20" />
<Tape title="A2JT16"  description="A2JT16_DESC" startSoundID="0x004ebefe" stopSoundID="0x004ebeff" soundType="20" />
</JackalTapes>
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

shelmez

Again rested his forehead against the wall ((((  :D :D :D The hell did not w@&k  >:(( I've done everything like in the video, step by step and killed while in vain, but instead an image of the poster in the game pink square! Damn! It funny, but when I pulled out a modified patch texture again they w@&k fine in Photoshop and are not damaged. It is a pity the bullet ended in the Colt 45, or I kill someone else! I'm sorry!
rascal, womanizer and eater of pigs))))

PZ

That's a shame - I don't believe any of us tried to mod the graphics, but it is good to know that it does not w@&k.

shelmez

In general, all working for nothing for two days I tormented myself and the computer. The problem was in the old version of program, after updating the program I was able to restore the texture in the game. And could not resist a little hooliganism))))
screenshot
screenshot 2
screenshot 3

fragger

I like the posters shelmez, nice w@&k :laugh: :-X I'm glad you had some success with that! :)

Art Blade

I like how shelmez managed to get a description inside the spoiler button.

like this, just add a description
..which is very useful. Nice  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Yeah, that's a neat feature which I never knew about until shelmez did it :-X

As a result,
shelmez gets a kudo :-X

nexor

shelmez

Thank you friends, I am very happy that I can bring some benefit to you. But it's all not serious, the texture of the weapons is very difficult to change without 3D models which I haven't found in game.. Unfortunately a lot we can not to do. The most important thing in the game to make life richer and more dangerous. Who of you played the Sigerous Mod for Stalker?  There was a group of special forces who hunted only for a player they can find you anywhere, every time a different way. Every step was becoming very dangerous. Something like that would be great to see here. In the Far Cry 2 huge, beautiful world, but lack of adventure and interesting assignments. Only f...ing block posts. Nevertheless, again and again immersed in this world that would prey on people)))

Art Blade

The Stalker series is great, we feature it here at OWG  :)

TheStranger

Yep, and I somehow got the desire over the last days for playing it again :)

Art Blade

shelmez

Hello my friends!  Alas, but replace by the texture of arms I can not  :D Metal in the game(on weapons) is similar to aluminum but not steel, I want to fix it, but I have very little experience in this matter. I watched the whole internet, but not found the help, people do not want to share their experiences(bad people) But, any man can do what another man has done. I will try to further break down this wall. And second, according to my assumptions Respawn in the game is not on time but in the distance. When a player is removed from the checkpoint at a certain distance is a restore of enemies killed. So it is getting the next mission with our friends. When you move away from the bar by some distance (see the map while moving), there is a new mission icon. Why not take just a few missions that would not run back and forth? And again the same problem-a lot of files can not be read. This game has eaten me entirely :)

TheStranger

I hope to make a breakthrough, would be great. Keep up the w%&k!  :-X :)

And I'm already looking for Stalker mods, I hope you're glad now  ;D

shelmez

Hi friends! So, it is some success do it . Unfortunately, clear textures, as in Stalker game engine does not support. Nevertheless, some weapons could improve (6P9, MP5, M249 and M1903 Springfield). w@&k is progressing very slowly, but very interesting! If anyone is interested I can give modified files, but one request, do not scold severely :)this is my first experience in this matter. In addition, the original textures are very different from textures in STALKER and  i have to w@&k as blind cat :) Didn't get to change the M16  :D  Maybe something more will be done.

Art Blade

a blind cat..  ^-^ Nice expression  :-() Good luck, keep trying  :) :-X

shelmez

Happy new year 2012 my friends! So imagine your fair trial, some graphical changes weapons.
M249 old
M249 new
M249 new 2

6p9 old
6p9 new

MP5 old
MP5 new
MP5 new 2
And a new picture in the bar, our dictator Putin and his twins :)
Dictator
Changed as AK 47, SPAS 12, USAS 12, G3, and mortar. I understand that not everyone will like these changes, because people have different tastes, not less so, who would be interested, please write, I will give the changed files and explain how to put them into the game. These weapons in the game textures not found (probably not unpack all the files) all w%&k carried out with masks textures. And I want to wish you luck, happiness and goodness! :)

Art Blade

Thanks and happy new year to you, too  :) :-X

And wow, I just compared the M249SAW - very nice!  ??? :) One more kudos :-X

fragger

Happy New Year shelmez :)

Great effort with the weapons graphics, they look terrific :-X What about when they start to wear out though - do they look dirty and rusty over time, the way the default weapons do? Or maybe you modded the game so that the weapons don't wear out.

Love the "dictator" picture :laugh:

Art Blade

shelmez

Thanks to all! :) Here is a link http://www.webfilehost.com/?mode=viewupload&id=41467 Changed visuals weapons: 6P9, MP5, AK 47, G3, m249, Dragunov, Uzi, maс10, spas12, usas12, M16, as50, mortar. Almost all weapons removed from the rust. Unpack the archive. If you have a Gibbed utility, put the folder ,,graphics,, in Far Cry 2/modding/original/patch. Pack your transition Patch.fat and change in the game. Also, you will be able to see my ,,favorite,, dictator in the game :) Good luck  my friends :)

Art Blade

PZ

Rango

your patch doesn't seem to generated entitylibrarypatchoverdrive.fcb

Tags:
🡱 🡳