First Aid Animations

Started by Zomby Woof, April 15, 2009, 08:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zomby Woof

First off, congrats on the site migration.  Everything looks great!  Love the menus.
Now back to the topic.  Playing as Warren, I was running out of Pala like a bat outta hell.  Just finished tightening up some suit in an alley and took one in the arm during my escape.  Normally I pull out the ol' leatherman and rip out the slug, but this time I sparked up a fist full of matches and coterized the wound!
Awesome! never seen that one before.  Just the standard leatherman, gauze, pulling out broken glass, patting out fire, but never anything that cool.  Are there more to look forward to?  Do they depend on your character?  Do you any of you guys have a personal favorite?

Smith Lords

Yeah they do cooler stuff sometimes don't know why though.

spaceboy

I may be obtuse, but what do you mean by leatherman?

As for the wounds, I don't think the character matters.  I've seen the matches alot (it is cool). 

I particularly like when you pull a length of rebar out of your leg.  It's much better than pulling the slug out.

There's also "lamer" ones like popping his fingers or arm socket back in place.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

DKM2

Knives and multi-tools.  http://www.leatherman.com

Never had the chance to actually use one like in the game thou. Thank god.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

JRD

I'm on 60% on my 2nd playtrough and only got the same animation now. I was amazed when I saw a new one that far in game...
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

spaceboy

Wow, JRD, I can't believe you haven't seen the matches animation for that long...  I wonder if there are others I'm missing (or maybe because I'm almost always near death I get more animations...)

We should see if we can make a complete list. 

matches to cauterize a wound
wrapping a bandage around the wound
patting out fire
pulling a bullet out with pliers / leatherman
pulling rebar out
popping your arm back into place
popping your fingers back into place

any others?

DKM2

I don't see that many. I'm a big baby, half health and I bailout and re-group.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

JRD

Can't remember any other... looking at it now it seems too few animations, I thought there would me more than that!

Dweller_Benthos

How about the "poke the bullet out with a finger that goes all the way through the arm"? That one's kinda funny.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

JRD

And pulling a bullet out with your teeth!
He spits it out after... funny too

spaceboy

Right I do remember the finger poke, but I've never seen the teeth pull.  Cool.

Art Blade

I once read somewhere that the devs incorporated more than 80 (!) FAA, so it should be funny observing this topic unil you got em all :D

I've seen those mentioned above too, not much more that I could recall. On the other hand, I usually reload a save game before I croak.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

80 FAA!!!!!
I would like to see that... funny cos I get lots of the same animation over and over and then, all of a sudden, a new one!!
Anyway, i think there is always a new one to come ;)

Zomby Woof

wow, pulling the bullet out with your teeth sounds awesome! haven't seen that one.  I seem to remember reseting a broken foot being another one.  I'll try to keep track of anything new I see.  And 80! we'll be at this for a while.

Dweller_Benthos

The most painful one, though is the digging the bullet out of the knee with the knife, I always cringe at that one.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

I've broken my legs/arms/fingers so many times that I'm becoming accustomed to the crunch as I reset the broken limbs - pathetic in a way.  I thought I'd seen them all, but 80.... wow

Art Blade

I am wondering if those "80" are real. Apparently the ones mentioned above are known to most of us, but hey... it's only a tiny fraction of 80. I think we should have seen more, especially when I think some of you have been through the game more than once, someone said 9 times I think. I start to believe it is less than 80 now.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

grenada

remember the nail between teh finger animation

spaceboy

never saw that one grenada, sounds painful.  Thanks for adding it to the list.

Art Blade

I once had my character spit out some (of his own) teeth

JRD

yeah... never got this nail one too... another one to the list... how many left to 80?? ;D

PZ

I was wondering what that was -- saw myself dropping something into my hand, but didn't equate it to teeth... cool

I also remember the nail one - just forgot about it - sucks getting old...

Art Blade

getting old doesn't suck half as bad as sucking bullets out of your limbs :)

PZ

hahaha, good point Art!   ;D

Art Blade

hehehehe always heads up there. you beat me by a couple of moons, but hey... look what fun you have even now. Btw, I too remember the nail one.

Tags:
🡱 🡳