Cheap HDMI cables

Started by PZ, September 10, 2011, 01:21:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Because I need a long HDMI cable, and found a good price, I tried ordering one from Amazon.  Just plugged it in yesterday, and it works marvelously.  The best part - the 25-foot HDMI cable cost only $7.09

Fiach

Any reviews I have read mate, say that there is no discernable difference, between the cheap ones vs the expensive ones, glad you like it :)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

PZ

Me too Fiach, particularly because the "Monster" cables (good reputation here in the States) still cost more than $40 for a 6-foot cable.  :o

ninzza

PZ: wow only 7 bucks ?
I bought Monster HDMI (3 feet) at RadioShack for $30 since I thought it has better performance  :D

PZ

Yes, that was not a typo - $7.09 for a cable that is 25-feet long.  I am amazed that it works so well considering the fact that any local retailer still sells cables for lots of money.  The only down side in any of the reviews I've read on this cable is that the connectors are not the best quality - one person complained that the connector came apart, but went on to say that if you don't keep plugging and unplugging the cable, it should be fine.  We'll see in the long run how well it lasts, but for only $7 it sure is worth a try.

As far as performance, my old TVs had a refresh rate of 60 hz while the new one is rated at 240 hz.  This cable seems to be equal to the throughput demands because an old movie of mine sure did play well  :-X

Binnatics

Quote from: Fiach on September 10, 2011, 01:25:39 PM
Any reviews I have read mate, say that there is no discernable difference, between the cheap ones vs the expensive ones, glad you like it :)

:-X :-X Good to know Fiach!
I always get mad when I look at the 'cables-section' in Tech-shops. Walls full of cables (incredible) and all traumendously expensive. I KNEW that's all bull***. Cables with gold-coating and shiny plugs; just another bling-bling product to me.

I'll keep this topic in mind when I go for a cable next time ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

I got HDMI Monster cables (1m and 2m) and they costed me a fortune, indeed.  :D But as you say, the connectors are quite good  :-()

My hi-fi guy says that those cables already meet future requirements but today's equipment doesn't even begin to reach the limits of those cables. In other words, any HDMI cable should be OK (if you ignore the connector bit of the information above).
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Well, it's good to know that at least your cables are future proof :-()
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Abletile

Quote from: PZ on September 10, 2011, 01:21:47 PM
Because I need a long HDMI cable, and found a good price, I tried ordering one from Amazon.  Just plugged it in yesterday, and it works marvelously.  The best part - the 25-foot HDMI cable cost only $7.09

Does that mean you can watch TV in the bathroom 25' away, lol.
Jokes about ducks are not all they're quacked up to be. ;-)

Art Blade

PZ

Abletile

I'm just waiting for 'wireless' HDMI cables   :laugh:
Jokes about ducks are not all they're quacked up to be. ;-)

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳