Far Cry 2 Weapons

Started by TheStranger, September 09, 2011, 04:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheStranger

If you ever wanted to know more about the Far Cry 2 arsenal just look here:

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Far_Cry_2

The site is also great for movies and other video games :)

mandru

Nice.  :-X

I just spent an hour of so going over all that info.   ;D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Good article, interesting to read about what's accurately depicted in the game and what isn't. It occurs to me that some of the inaccuracies could possibly be corrected with modding, such as increasing the SPAS-12 magazine from 12 to 20 and the MGL-140 capacity from 4 to 6 grenades to match their real-world counterparts (one wonders why those changes were made in the first place).

Nice find, TheStranger :-X

PZ

It seems that the developers were more interested in making the game more of a challenge at the higher levels rather than having an accurately depicted weapon.

mandru

I encountered a discussion on the UBI forums about the spent rounds on the automatic weapons ejecting to the left which is the wrong side and the discussion kind of boiled down to the same consensus we arrived at here on OWG about vehicle repairs being accomplished by lifting the hood and tweaking the magic bolt.

Do you want a game with hyper accurate animation sequence steps on actually repairing everything that can be wrong with your AT after being strafed by several mercs when you've blown through their GP turning the game into a mechanic simulator or do you want to initiate a simple repair routine so you can get behind the wheel again quickly?

FC2's auto weapons eject to the left instead of the real world right because that's the part of the weapon we can see and in a game we don't need to worry nearly as much about the game's reversed ejected hot shell flipping up and dropping down the neck of our shirt which I've had happen several times with my .45 Colt when using one particular lower powered brand of ammo.   8-X

So accurate portrayal of the gear is compromised somewhat to add interesting visual content.

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Quote from: fragger on September 10, 2011, 04:05:06 PM
... It occurs to me that some of the inaccuracies could possibly be corrected with modding, such as increasing the SPAS-12 magazine from 12 to 20 ...
Speaking of which, I changed my dart magazine to hold 100 rounds  :-()

fragger

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

OWGKID

"Frank marvels at the first AR-16 in Far Cry 2, which was apparently recently dug up or fished out of a river."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That was a very hilarious description of the rusty AR-16  :-() :-()
LEGACY

Tags:
🡱 🡳