Screencap quiz: what is wrong with this pic?

Started by PZ, September 07, 2011, 10:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Can you identify what might be a bit strange about this pic?

[smg id=3688]

mandru

Was this done with a MOD?  I've not seen this before.  ???

I can only think of two explanations for this and one of them would really foul up the character scripts.

Either way it's an interesting screen shot.  :-X
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

deadman1

I haven´t played FC 2 in a long time so give a little hint please  :-[

mandru

It has to do with who they are and where they are.   ;)
- mandru

Art Blade

If I'm not mistaken, only Reuben belongs there.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

I don't know, I recall having three people in the bar at one time, this is Mike's north, right? Not the marina? It's been a while, so I may be mis-remembering, but having Nasreen at the bar (where she always is for me, must have a drinking problem) and some other guy leaning up against the wall, and Reuben doing his thing.

What's so special about the other guy?
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

mandru

Yes, this is the interior layout of Mike's North but as I said earlier I can only think of two explanations for this and one of them would really foul up the character scripts.

If this screen shot was made up North then any mission offered is going to go very badly.

Well worse than usual.   ;)
- mandru

PZ

You guys are right - Mike's Leboa (north), and the time in the game is only about 1% - I'm to see Reuben regarding malaria medication.  You're also correct about Nasreen and Hakim - they are buddies that belong in Bowa (south), and yes, it was modded so that all southern buddies are in the north and all northern buddies (except the lost buddy) are in the south.

Fallout so far - the buddy missions at Mike's are not triggered - the buddies just stand there.  I'm next going to see if I can take a buddy side mission (I doubt it), but you never know.  In any case, I'm planning to try to assign the southern buddies to the proper northern mission sets.

... kind of fun changing these parameters and seeing what happens.  :-()

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

TheStranger

Hehe funny. I wanted to try that for myself but then I didn't do it because I thought it couldn't w@&k. Buddies are assigned to designated side missions and there are also the sound files, which wouldn't match and be a problem. Hmm I don't think that it works, but when - it would be really cool nonetheless.

Dweller_Benthos

I don't know about Hakim, I tend to weld the guys into one persona, but I'm pretty sure I've seen Nasreen in the north?
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Binnatics

Didn't read the rest of the posts yet, but I'd say the grass growing on the floor of that nice pub :-()
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Binnatics

hmmm, okay, now I did read the rest of the topic. I'm pretty far away from the correct answer ^+-+
Interesting thought what would happen if you try doing side missions. Probably they'll just won't call you for any sidemissions, but who knows, maybe they direct you to the other map to do something :-D

I think I came up with the grass due to my experiencing with FC2 map editor. I had these weird looking textures all over my building floors, due to not having a flat ground where I put my buildings, or to the fact that I wasn't so precise in 'painting' the vegetation in my maps ;D
When I play single player now, I recognize all the rocks and plants I used myself editing. Sometimes that takes the mystery away. That reminds me of something: The RSM. How is it possible that they created this fellow? I allways got a warning when I put a spawningpoint in a 'unclear area'.
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Turns out that Nasreen was my best buddy, and when I went into the APR headquarters for a mission, the usual phone call did not come in, but a mission updated message appeared.  Checking the stats page I noticed that Nasreen wanted to meet me at the safe house, and when I went there, she was present.  However, she said nothing at all, but eventually dropped down to do pushups, and again my mission had changed.

After doing what she wanted, and killed the police chief, I went to assist her at the spot where the large tree had fallen across the road.  Unfortunately I was not quick enough and she died.

In summary, you can assign the southern buddies to the north, but you need to be a mind reader to determine what the buddy wants you to do since there is no conversation.  :-()

mandru

Quote from: Binnatics on September 09, 2011, 09:46:07 AM
...I'd say the grass growing on the floor of that nice pub :-()

Look closely at the floor.  You will see that the straw gives the cockroaches something to focus on.

Helps keep them off the customers.   ;) :-X
- mandru

Binnatics

Art Blade

nexor

Art Blade

mmosu

Nice topic guys, very nice indeed  :-X

It took me a minute, but I figured it out before looking at the answer.  Amazing, all these years later, and we're still peeling back the layers.

Tags:
🡱 🡳